Yoghurt

helen35, Sep 30, 12:59am
I have purchased a yoghurt maker and the pkt flavoured base. The texture isnt like commercial yoghurt..its sort of *gluey* I have followed the directions correctly. Does anyone have any ideas or the recipe that I can make in the yoghurt maker for plain yoghurt.

pamellie, Sep 30, 1:32am
What sort did you buy? We only use the greek one as we find it the best. It's nice and thick (just pour off the liquid that forms each day) and not at all gluey.

harrislucinda, Sep 30, 1:47am
sameherethegreekthatismorelikethebroughtonesthencanstraintobackcreamcheese

harrislucinda, Sep 30, 1:48am
sorrystrainto makecreamcheese

lilyfield, Sep 30, 1:58am
I buy the cheapest--Hansells-- its never gluey. I use luke warm water with an electric maker- 12 hours at least

cookessentials, Sep 30, 3:52am
Never had "gluey" with Easi-Yo.

gardie, Sep 30, 4:43am
The flavoured yoghurts like caramel, mango are a bit guey.Like someone else mentioned - the greek yoghurt is the best - the most yoghurt like.Also quite thick.Their plain yoghurts are a bit too runny for my liking.

helen35, Sep 30, 7:50am
Hey thanks guys for all the answers. I used the easi-yo flavoured, didnt like it much,but will try greek. I have made Labne cheese too,its very nice. Flavoured with garlic, chives etc

tam39, Sep 30, 8:44am
Try the lite yogurts. The apricot and the vanilla ones are so good. As someone else pointed out just pour off the liquid every day.

beaker59, Sep 30, 11:33pm
I made Labna cheese for the first time it was ready today so mixed in some finely chopped fresh sage and then cut an Avocado in half skinned it and put a large dollop fo the Labna on top then dribled some sweet thai chilli sauce over very nice lunch with some salad and an egg.

uli, Oct 1, 4:15am
Next time mix it with chives, garlic, salt and pepper and eat with new steamed potatoes and a big salad for a nice vegetarian meal - in case your traps were all empty :)

beaker59, Apr 29, 6:54pm
Haven't been hunting lately as a bit sore from a serious injury of a while back so meat bags are empty but have been catching a few big snapper instead so having an entree of crackers with Labna and a bit of tarragon with a nice chunk of freshly smoked snapper before going out to dinner. Lifes hard being unemployed :)