Banana muffins

angel361, Feb 23, 5:56am
x1
Whats your easiest and yummiest banana muffin recipies, i have 4 small bananas, ta

245sam, Feb 23, 6:07am
angel361, I use this recipe... . .

Alison Holst's CHOCOLATE AND BANANA MUFFINS
2 cup self-raising flour
½ cup each ofcaster sugarandchocolate chips
½ tsp salt
100g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup (2-3) mashed bananas

With a fork, stir together in a large bowl the flour, caster sugar, chocolate chips and salt.
In another bowl/container melt the butter, remove it from the heat, then add the milk, egg and vanilla essence and beat well. Stir in the bananas, then tip all the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture. Fold everything together carefully until all the flour is dampened, stopping before the mixture is smooth. Put about ¼ cup of mixture into each of 12 non-stick sprayed muffin pans.
Bake at 220°Cfor12-15 minutes, until the muffins spring back when pressed in the centre. :-))

For more muffin recipes, many of them various banana muffin options, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=612

theanimal1, Feb 23, 6:20am
Banana Muffins

1 cup Sugar; ¼ cup Oil; 2 Eggs; 3 Bananas - mashed; 3 tablespoons Sour Cream (or milk); 1 tablespoon Baking Soda; 2 cups Flour Beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and bananas and mix well. Dissolve baking soda in sour cream. Slowly add the soda mix to the banana mix. Mix in flour and blend gently together. Spray muffin tins with non stick spray. Bake at 200°C for 20 - 25 minutes.

winnie15, Feb 23, 9:28am
These are from the Destitute Gourmet website . . my family adore them!
Basic banana muffins
This recipe makes 12 standard sized muffins. They freeze well, can be served warm for a dessert and make a great snack anytime of the day. Fresh baked muffins are tender and light and sooo much nicer than bought ones.

Dry ingredients
2 cups self raising flour (or 2 plain flour and 3 tsp baking pwdr)
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp mixed spice

Wet ingredients
100 g butter, margarine or dairy free spread
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana – 1-2 ripe bananas

Non stick cooking spray

Optional Extras – 1 cup white chocolate buttons or ½ cup chopped walnuts, or 1 cup frozen berries

Preheat the oven to 200° (400F)

Grease the muffin pans with non stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and mixed spice. Add any extras if using to the flour.
Melt the butter or fat, stir in the cup of milk then add the egg and whisk lightly. Don’t add the egg before the milk or the hot fat will cook the egg. Stir in the mashed banana and pour into the dry ingredients.
Stir with a large spoon, do not beat, mix until just combined, it will look lumpy at this stage. Spoon into the greased muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen, golden and springy when pressed.
Allow to cool for a minute or two then run a knife around the edge of each muffin and remove them to a rack to cool.
When they very first come out of the oven they are quite fragile, they firm up as they cool. Its easier to get them out of the tins while still warm. Store in an airtight container or in the freezer.

tuisong13, Feb 24, 5:38am
I have just made Winnie15 muffins and they are very yummy!

ogden, Jul 7, 8:58am
Am trying this one will let you know how I get on.

ogden, Jul 7, 10:51am
Yummy lovely and moist

unknowndisorder, Nov 25, 3:47pm
Winnie, thanks for the muffin recipe, decided to try this one today. Only thing I changed was I also added some cinnamon and used dark chocolate buttons. Worked out yummo.