Best Banana Muffins.EVER!

lilyfield, Feb 5, 8:03pm
easy to do in one bowl and a saucer.
melt butter first, let cool, add eggs and sugar sift your dry ingr on top, fold in with banana.

nauru, Feb 8, 5:15am
It's a great recipe, I made these today and they really are the best ones I've made for flavour. Loved the nutmeg cinnamon combination. I didn't need 4 bowls either, managed well with 2, one for dry and one for wet. I used half white and half brown flour, our preference and also added some poppy seeds and chopped walnuts. Recipe made 12 good sized muffins.

nauru, Feb 10, 11:16am
bumping for Fee

nauru, Mar 22, 6:15am
bumping again for behappy

behappy18, Mar 22, 7:29am

catlover7, Mar 26, 5:18am
Could I add choc chips to these ?

griffo4, Mar 27, 4:49am
Thank you for sharing but l don't have any bananas will have to go on the scrounge for some

nauru, Mar 27, 5:47am
Yes, you can add chips catlover, I think I put in ¼ cup. Also I made carrot muffins from the same recipe using grated carrot instead of bananas. Results form both were good. As my above post states, I use ½ brown ½ white flours.

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 29, 12:03pm
Im going to try these with blueberries, they were cheap today so need to use them, love nigellas recipes

lindanz, Mar 30, 8:23am
Yum. Doing these tomorrow !

raebee, Mar 31, 7:53am
yum just read this 20 minutes ago and the muffins are now made and currently cooking . i needed to use the last 3 brown bananas so perfect timing :)

griffo4, Mar 31, 8:08am
Made them last night and they are very yummy and will have to make blueberry ones with this recipe

nauru, Apr 1, 7:19am
This recipe is great with blueberries too, I added pinch of mixed spice to mine and topped with flaked almonds (my pref.).

raebee, Apr 1, 7:44am
yes they turned out beautifully - so light and moist. but i think i'd add mixed spice next time too (or more of the cinnamon) and i think blueberries would be great too. just seemed a little plain as they were.

nauru, Apr 2, 7:02am
I add chopped walnuts to the original recipe, which make them nicer.

murfee, Apr 3, 8:38am
Yum and I have 3 over ripe bananas in my fruit bowl . . . only so many smoothies I cann drink in a day!

macjunior, Jun 15, 3:43am
Thankyou so much for this Recipie. Ive just made some and Yay they are so yummy and so easy to make. and not too sweet. Thankyou so much. Just made my Sunday afternoon :). and no doubt a whole lot more Sundays great too . :).

nauru, May 28, 3:17am
This is the only recipe that I use for sweet muffins now as it's so easy and I only use ½ the amount of sugar stated. I often change the ingredients to suite what I have or fancy and they have always turned out well so light, moist and tasty. I even added some left over porridge to my last batch and they were really nice. Thanks to english rose for the link.