Jo Seager 'Bloody good fudge slice'

porkchop10, Feb 9, 4:37am
x2
Hi does anyone have this recipe please. It is so yummy and quick to make.

golfr, Feb 9, 5:24am
x1
I have this one its easy and quick.
1/2cup soft brown sugar
1/4cup cocoa
3tbsp milk
75g butter
1pkt malt, wine or plain digestive biscuits crushed
1cup chopped walnuts or sultanas or bit of both
1 tsp vanilla essence.

Mix brown sugar and cocoa in a med size pot, then add the milk and butter stirring all the time. Remove from heat add crushed biscuits nuts and the vanilla.
Mix well. Line a sponge roll tine with baking paper. Press mixture into the tin and flatten surface with back of a spoon. when cool ices with chocolate icing. Cut into squares when firm. Store in the fridge.
Taken from the book called All Things Nice With Joe Segar.

245sam, Feb 9, 5:31am
x2
Is this the recipe, porkchop10? It's actually a recipe that was submitted by Nikki Marsh of Beachhaven, Auckland and is in the book "Sugar & Spice with Jo Seagar".

"BLOODY GOOD' FUDGE SLICE
Makes 25-30 pieces.
150g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
cup each ofwhite sugar, coconutandsultanas
1 tbsp cocoa
2cups flour
½-1 cup chopped walnuts

In a large saucepan or microwave bowl melt the butter, add the golden syrup, then add the dry ingredients, mixing well. Press into a well-greased or paperlined slice or sponge-roll tray.
Bake for 10 minutes at 150°C.
Ice when cool with chocolate frosting or melted chocolate.

Chocolate Frosting:
2 cups icing sugar
3 heaped tbsp cocoa
25g butter, melted
boiling water

Mix all ingredients, adding enough boiling water to make a smooth paste. Spread over cooled slice and cut into squares. :-))

porkchop10, Feb 9, 5:59am
awww thanks 245sam thats it. Just going to make it right now. Its so bloomin quick. thanks heaps. thanks also golfr, have printed out both.

harrislucinda, Feb 23, 1:50am
madethistoday' bloodygoodfudge 'tomewiththatamountofdryingreds150 grmsofbutterwasnotenoughastoodryjustcrumbledhasany oneelsemadeitthanks

245sam, Feb 23, 2:02am
harrislucinda, I haven't made that fudge slice but I can confirm that the recipe above is correct as per the recipe in the book, except of course that the white sugar, coconut and sultanas quantity should read 1 cup - presumably that is what you actually used although I really do not like it when recipes don't specify a quantity e. g. 1 cup, 2 cups, etc. - if always makes me wonder if there is a ¼, ½, 1, 2 or whatever missing but in this case no... . 1 cup is correct so I'm sorry that you found the mixture to be too dry and crumbly. Hopefully porkchop10 will come back and advise how she finds that the recipe works so well or maybe what she does to make it work. :-))

harrislucinda, Feb 23, 2:09am
nomade1cupofeachsugarcoconutandsultans2cupsflour, Idohaveaquickfudgewhichislikethisbutwithmorebutterandcookfor10 minbutsavedthistotrythanks

harrislucinda, Feb 25, 3:10am
strange, beenintouchwithJoandsaidthatthisrecipeisdifferentfromherone

245sam, Feb 25, 3:18am
that is strange harrislucinda... . . I have 7 of Jo's books + the book asnoted in #3 i. e. "Sugar & Spice with Jo Seagar" - I did also add "It's actually a recipe that was submitted by Nikki Marsh of Beachhaven, Auckland and is in the book ... . . " . I looked firstly in Jo's books and couldn't find a recipe with the name "Bloody good fudge slice" so posted that recipe with the above note and porkchop10 said that recipe "was it" so I must look again at Jo's books to see if there is one that I missed when I looked earlier. :-))

I did add the fact that the recipe I posted wasin the

245sam, Feb 25, 3:26am
just a thought harrislucinda, did you manage to get Jo's own recipe?
I have just checked all 7 of her books under B for Bloody, C for Chocolate, F for Fudge, S for Slice and the closest I could find were Chocolate Fudge Brownie recipes, but that recipe at#3, while it isn't actually Jo's recipe, it is definitely in that book, on page 9. :-))

griffo4, Feb 25, 5:27am
l have just got out the Sugar and Spice book and the recipe is on pg9 and it is the same as above
lt was submitted by Nikki Marsh and has the story as how the slice got its name.
Hope that helps

harrislucinda, Feb 25, 8:36am
sheemailedmeto saythattherecipe ontrademewasNOTtheoneinherbookSugarandSpicenowiamconfusedany wayitwasnotnicefartodrytobecalledfudgethanksforhelping

griffo4, Feb 25, 8:27pm
ln the sugar and spice book they were all recipes that people sent in and from memory the choc cake made by Soonafai won the competition
lt was on tv many years ago with all the people on tv showing how they made their winning recipes.
Hope that helps and what if you added more butter, it does look a bit dry in the pic

oopie, Feb 25, 8:58pm
Chocolate fudge cake

1 Packet biscuits,
0. 5 cup sugar,
1 egg,
1. 5 Tablespoons cocoa,
125 grams butter.

Crush biscuits well, add cocoa. Melt butter and sugar gently, cool slightly, add beaten egg. Mix all together and press into greased tin. Refrigerate.

You can do what ever you like to this.

I add, walnuts, choc chips sultanas.

I've put on a caramel filling and iced top, or have plain, or with just icing.

This one is never dry and is very fudgey.

neville26, Feb 27, 1:54am
i just made the 'bloody good slice'and it was fine and yummy! I did cook it for slightly longer than the 10 mins

claire30, Feb 27, 7:14pm
imade the 'bloody good slice', it wasn't cooked in 10 mins, I cooked for 20 mins and it was fine.

kayzy, Nov 27, 9:06am
Bloody Good Fudge Cake...I make this often and yes 10mins is not long enough ...try 15-20mins...very yummy