Recipe you'd never cook

Page 1 / 3
noonesgirl, Sep 12, 9:08am
mine is Fish Pie. The smell is enough!

beaker59, Sep 12, 9:18am
Never say never :)

noonesgirl, Sep 12, 9:23am
would when it comes to Fish Pie. Revolting!

lythande1, Sep 12, 7:13pm
Anything to do with tripe or other icky bits.

lynja, Sep 12, 7:17pm
i used to cook tripe for my father when he was alive for fathers day! had to open all windows and doors to try and get rid of the smell! NEVER AGAIN!

ferita, Sep 12, 8:47pm
There is nothing I specifically wouldnt cook eslewhere, but at home I would never cook anything with pig in it. The smell of pork and bacon makes me feel sick

rainrain1, Sep 12, 9:14pm
Never again will I boil up fish heads, once was enough :-)

alebix, Sep 12, 9:34pm
I dont cook

Pork
Seafood
Offal
eggs (to be honest apart from boiling I have no idea how)

sezzz, Sep 12, 10:08pm
liver and bacon
my dad used to make it when i was a kid.always made sure i had plenty on for the day cos the smell was terrible!!

malcovy, Sep 12, 10:13pm
Tripe or anything with cooking bananas.

sara134, Sep 12, 10:22pm
I know what you mean by the smell but i find if you use fresh fish instead of canned it doesnt have much smell and is much taster! :)

winnie231, Sep 12, 10:26pm
Paella - but not because I don't like it ... quite the opposite in fact!
I love a good paella - but find home made versions pale in comparison to 'the real McCoy'.
I'd rather go without ... and enjoy authentic when I get the chance - even if that is only once in a blue moon :)

elliehen, Sep 12, 11:04pm
Offal is awful - even LOOKS awful...

beaker59, Sep 13, 1:13am
What a bunch of wooses hahaha when I kill nothing is wasted but the squeal.

nigelt74, Sep 13, 1:28am
Tripe and onions, well ok tripe with anything.

elliehen, Sep 13, 1:29am
Do you eat those bits that they barbecue and get people to eat on TV's Fear Factor?Don't be a wuss and say you don't know what it is...one of your children must have either dragged you to watch, or tried to gross you out by telling you about it ;)

rubyjane11, Sep 13, 1:40am
veal...those poor little babys

elliehen, Sep 13, 1:51am
There was a TV cook - cannot remember his name??...scrawny fellow who smoked.He travelled the world recording the eating of unusual wildlife and all parts of animals.

I remember the Portugal episode, where, after eating or salting down the whole pig, they inflated the bladder and used it as a soccer ball.

eastie3, Sep 13, 2:18am
Anything with walnuts,fennel or prawns.

rainrain1, Sep 13, 2:31am
Oh you are offal, but I like you

beaker59, Sep 13, 4:40am
PRobably do eat the yucky bits by your standards others here would make use of more than I do but on my own land I used to certainly use the heart lungs liver and the kidneys I have made sausage casings from intestines and I tried the stomach but it didn't do anything for me so my ex father in law got that. The rest was either composted or feed to chooks.

These days I don't keep livestock but do hunt so generally most is left because theres not usually enough room for everything on the walk out though I do like the heart and liver if not shot up and also sometimes Kidneys though usually that is eaten in the bush (mmmm venison liver kebabs over an open fire). I have Islander friends who always eat the livers and other parts of the fish intestines when we catch something, I don't because I am not keen on the taste.

Rabbit liver and kidneys are very very nice too :)

purplegoanna, Sep 13, 4:43am
pea and ham soup, i got a serious bout of food poisoning (nearly hospital) off it as a child and cant go near the stuff since.....

laser51, Sep 13, 4:58am
Other half loves mutton birds, the smell is enough to make you leave the country yuck

indy95, Sep 13, 5:38am
Anything featuring tripe or swedes. Blerk !

noonesgirl, Sep 13, 7:31am
Used to Nanny for a family & had to cook fish pie using tin of smoked fish. It used to stink the whole house out.