A Good Spread

griffo4, Sep 8, 9:40pm
cooks l bought this book recently and spend ages just reading the tips and history of some of the recipes and l made the Caramel Slice
Did you read the recipe for the Creedmoor Bloke's Fruit Cake?
Some really lovely recipes l have already earmarked to few to make

cookessentials, Sep 8, 9:55pm
No i didn't. I popped it on the shelf meaning to have a look at it and then promptly forgot! I will have to get it our and have a good look.

snapit, Sep 8, 10:50pm
I have this book also as I am a member of Rural Women NZ. I also have the original 1965 book WDFF. Have made several out of both and love the tips in the latest one. They are having to do a reprint already. Shop around as the prices do vary from shop to shop.

cookessentials, Aug 27, 10:46am
Purchased this book today. It is a book of recipes from the kitchens of rural women of New Zealand. Lots of interesting recipes and alot of real oldies such as cheese busters, miracles, maid of honours.

juliewn, Aug 27, 1:28pm
Hi Pam.. I saw it reviewed and thought it sounded good.. had a browse around Whitcoulls last week - their range of books that have been written about Kiwi cooking over the years has increased a lot.. very tempting.. :-)

cookessentials, Aug 27, 8:25pm
Not like I dont have enough cook books, but nice to have sommething "kiwi" and rural and a change fromm an Edmonnds book.

cookessentials, Aug 27, 8:26pm

darlingmole, Aug 27, 10:07pm
Do you know I have never owned the Edmonds cook-book in my life?I like the sounds of that book cooky ... so thanks for the heads up.Are there any recipes from it that you could share to inspire me to do some cooking or baking today?

rarogal, Aug 28, 3:25am
Hi Pam, are the cheese busters, the rolled bread and cheese, then toasted, that are quite a tradition down south? I saw them on a tv show one day. I'd like to know how they make those - they'd go down well with my kids, and theirs :o)

wildflower, Aug 28, 3:38am
I think I entered a competition to win that in NZ Gardener.I bought the new bread book and made my first loaf of bread out of that today.I have a breadmaker but still prefer to do things by hand.

kay141, Aug 28, 3:40am
The bread and cheese ones are cheese rolls. Lots of recipes in a thread on here. If my memory is correct, cheese busters were a kind of cheesy cracker biscuit.