What do you put in your kids lunchbox????

Page 5 / 5
ruby19, Aug 13, 4:52am
Hi Darlingmole, just made your slice, yum!, think that might be a lunch box regular from now on!

rod2, Aug 15, 3:12am
darlingmole wrote:
Any tinned fruit muffins ~
1/2 C milk
75 g butter
1 egg
2 C flour
1/2 C sugar
4 t baking powder
one tin of fruit + juice (chop fruit if it isn't fruit salad)

mix altogether and bake in lined tins at 180 deg C for 15 mins (ish

Yummy, I made them with peaches sooo good!

bobsey3, Aug 21, 6:28am
You may wish to try the homemade sushi making thing - I can't make it the traditional way after many tries, but this gadget you buy is basically two half pipes which you fill with rice and then filling and then clamp them together and squeeze out a perfect rice roll whcih you wrap with the seaweed, works like a charm!

hott-mama, Aug 21, 7:04am
mini pizzas using either english muffins or a segment of a french stick as a base and chorizo sausage, salami, shaved ham and cheese as toppings (and a swirl of bbq sauce) .

corn fritters .

ham salad sandwiches .

sausages (with tomato relish and mustard) in crusty french bread .

mouse traps .

fresh fruit . usually two or three pieces .

home made baking . brownies . date and walnut loaf . muffins . muesli slice .

crackers with marmite or nutella .

mini bagels with jam and cream cheese .

uli, Mar 31, 7:57am

clydris, Apr 2, 1:35am
Lol my family it was dad that made the lunches (with input from kids), dad and kids who did the baking.
How did mum do it! Well, she is a terrible baker (can cook meals fine, just can't bake, has not patience for it), us kids loved to bake, and dad was ok when he put his mind to it.
Dad always took a packed lunch, and is a real morning person, so he just made multiple lunches. Mum kept finding when she made lunch us kids would usually bring half it home, so she stopped (would help with sandwich making etc if we were rushed).

In saying that, mum made sure we got up in time, had clean (and ironed) uniform to wear, had everything we needed at school that day, knew where we were going in the arvo, got us out the door on time etc etc
So, if dad was away, we just had to make our own lunches. If mum was away, the whole world collapsed!

sarahb5, Apr 2, 5:06am
Started young with the kids - Miss 21 was keen to "help" when her younger brothers were at Playcentre so I made the sandwiches and she added the rest.I've always loved baking and so do my kids - they are 21, 18 and 15 so more than capable of either making or buying their own baking.Hubby making cookies was a bit of a one-off to be honest but they were yummy.