2 cloves garlic, sliced
50g fresh ginger, peeled, grated
2 small red chillies, seeds removed, sliced
200g dried currants
2 teaspoons ground pimento or allspice
500ml white wine vinegar
400g caster sugar
salt and pepper, to taste

Place tomatoes in a large pan filled with boiling water, simmer for 1 minute or until skin starts to peel away from flesh. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Using a small knife peel skin away from flesh, cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds; discard skin and seeds. Coarsely chop remaining flesh.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over a low heat, add capsicums and onions. Cook covered for 15 minutes or until softened.
Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chillies, currants, spices. Add vinegar and sugar, bring to boil and then simmer uncovered for 1 hour and fifteen minutes, or until reduced and thick consistency.
Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon hot mixture into 6 x 300ml clean jars.

245sam, Oct 9, 5:15am
how about this one ab131? - it's from http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/forum/read. php? 3, 120922, 120937#m
sg-120937 - although its name doesn't indicate it, the recipe does have a high red pepper/capsicum content and I do recall reading that it can also be made very successfully with dried apricots when fresh apricots or peaches are unavailable -
"apricot and chilli relish , 12 large fresh apricots peeled and chopped, can use peaches instead. 2 hot red chilli , 12 red peppers, 1 cup wine vinegar, 1 tsp salt , 2 lemons halved, 5 cups sugar. Process peppers and chilli , seeds and all in blender till med chopped, put apricots into large pan add vinegar, salt, pepper mixture and lemons , boil gently for about 30 mins, remove lemons after squeezing out all the juice and pulp, add sugar and boil again till thick , pour into bottles . "Hope that helps. :-))

245sam, Oct 9, 10:15pm
or maybe this one? it's from:- http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=26&t=567
"Pepper Relish.
6 peppers (mixture of colours or only one colour to suit what you have) 3 large oninos, 1 cup white vinegar, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp plain salt, 2 tsp mustard seed, 1 tsp celery seed, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp cornflour. 6 cups boiling water. Mince seeded peppers and onions finely into a medium bowl pour over the boiling water and leave to stand 5 minutes then tip into a large sieve and leave to drain well. bring remaining ingredients except cornflour to the boil then add the peppers and onions and cook for 15 mins. Mix the cornflour with a little water and thicken the mix. bottle and seal. Leave a few days before trying. Lovely on crackers and with cheese. posted by snapit":-))

rainrain1, Oct 10, 5:36am
Here is a delish sauce recipe if anyone wants it

RED PEPPER SAUCE
16 to 20 red peppers
2 cups rice or cider vinegar
2 cups white wine vinegar
6 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
Remove seeds and roughly chop peppers. Put in a large heavy saucepan with vinegars.
Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Process until smooth and return juice to washed saucepan, add sugar and stir over low heat until it is dissolved.
Gradually bring to the boil and simmer very gently for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly thickened. Ladle into sterilized jars……

winnie231, Feb 17, 7:13am
Bumping up because I've got loads of peppers ...

korbo, Feb 17, 8:53am
i did put on here last week a peach and pepper relish. have just made my 2nd batch. yummy. in bed with laptop, if i get a minute to spare tomorrow will put it on. so easy and only takes about an hour.

purplegoanna, Feb 17, 7:43pm
i use the tomato relish recipe out of the edmonds cookbook, but swap 1/2 or 2/3rds of the tomatos with peppers, it makes a lovely spicy peppery tomato sauce thats yummy on snags and steak.

snapit, Feb 17, 8:21pm
245sam has posted my recipe above # 4 thank you. I generally bottle it into small size bottle like baby food or mustard jars.
Here is another one and bottle this in jam jar size jars.

Pepper pickle
4 peppers, any colour but red is sweeter and colourful
500g tomatoes,
4 onions,
2tbsp salt,
1/4tbsp turmeric,
2cups white vinegar,
11/2 cups sugar,
1 tbsp mustard seed,
2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp paprika

chop vegtables and sprinkle with salt, stand for 1 hour then drain well in colander.
Mix flour , turmeric and paprika with a little of the vinegar and set aside for later
Bring to the boil the remaining vinegar, seeds and sugar.
Add the drained vegetables and return to the boil for about 10 minutes then add the flour mixture to thicken and cook a further 5 minutes, bottle and seal. leave to mature for a couple of weeks

korbo, Feb 18, 9:09am
bumping for someone earilier, think it was winnie.

winnie231, Aug 18, 9:44am
Not me - but thanks korbo. I'm after juliewn's (or anybody elses) recipe for pickled peppers.