Callanetics - the recipe for a fit, beautiful body

Page 12 / 13
fourkingz, Jan 19, 4:36am
LOVE Callanetics, am a big fan of this, yes I have the videos, books, I got into this a few years ago.I've had a few broken bones over the years, so this is the perfect type of excercise I can do. I have been working on my flabby arms, and now I doing that thing of flexing my very petite muscles infront of the mirror, omg

uli, Jan 20, 1:47am
Gee - wait until the moderator strikes you two too . :)

maxwell.inc, Jan 20, 1:48am
U mean the self appointed one who finks shes so vewy spethal!

maxwell.inc, Jan 20, 1:52am
mmmm tails and butter

and butter.

Look theres even a tail in butter! . Butt-er

*falls off chair*

maxwell.inc, Jan 20, 1:53am
Oh *goes to have a lookie* wot did you do! you were naughty again weren't you!

Always that darn uli up to no good (that will make that other self appointed one fell all fluffy inside!)

Nah to hot for callenetics today. I normally do mine around 9pm.

bandrach, Jan 20, 1:59am
Hey guys.I have done these exercises approx 5 years ago and if I do say so myself my bod looked FAB but alas now after 2 children it is time to start them up again.I actually purchased a machine off here called the Fluidity Bar which is like a sel supporting bar.You can adjust the height and it is ideal.So I am now signed up to this Callanetics thread.Good luck everyone

bandrach, Jan 20, 2:29am
Exactly.I was lucky to pick mine up for under $40 but I think that is whats required!

maxwell.inc, Jan 20, 4:27am
Yup I have designed a few things in my brain, my hubby is a joiner/cabinet maker so I just have to give him what I want and he will build it. I have plans for a perm outside rail (once we get out of here into our own place) and also for one that fits to the back of a closed door, will look similar to the tall wall of bars that callen hangs off in the book (showing the up and out with the legs) .

at the moment I make do with hanging off door handles, draw tops, bed end, rabbit hutch LMAO

maxwell.inc, Jan 20, 4:32am
I do. LMAO . Flemish Giants, in a custom made hutch, its about the size of a small sedan car. one bunny in question weighs 7kgs.

uli, Jan 20, 4:34am
Mmmmh - Flemish Giants - my grandmother had a great recipe for roasting them .

maxwell.inc, Jan 20, 4:35am
yup they are still the chosen breed in NZ for eating rabbits. its because they grow so fast and can be culled at 13 weeks at a good size, with good muscle to fat ratio.

Mine however are not for the pot! lol

uli, Jan 20, 4:37am
Well girls - it is 5.30 back to the exercises!
I will go watering, maybe that will bring the rain on !

davidk63, Jan 23, 10:22pm
You sure brought the rain on.Whats happened to the sun!

accroul, Jan 23, 10:33pm
and here I was coming in to ask a sensible question and I find you all lic-ing & squeezing each other's butt's. If that's what I'm going to get by doing callanetics, I think I might stick with my flacidness!

Actually all I wanted to know was if callanetics would help with spinal flexibility!

maxwell.inc, Jan 23, 10:36pm
Yes. and the rest of your body

*squeezes Accrouls butt to test if shes able to enter the thread*

bedazzledjewels, Jan 23, 10:58pm
Have the got THE book Accroul! I have, but I haven't come across that character called 'motivation' yet! Maybe one of you could send him to me please.

maxwell.inc, Jan 23, 11:03pm
*Sends "motivation" to squeeze Bedaz's bum too*

rachsta, Jan 23, 11:35pm
Hi there, I have never heard of this before. Which book would be bes to try first as opposed to a dvd!

uli, Jan 23, 11:54pm
There are two books I usually recommend - they are sold out in most bookshops - but I have found them in England for you:

Callanetics is the basic one:
http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults!isbn=9780099701408&afn_sr=CJ&cm_ite=cj&cm_ven=aff And this one (Callanetics Countdown) is the one I started with - it has 4 "stages" - which means you do easier versions of the original exercises (of the above book) until you reach the level of the real exercise and then work up to 100 repetitions . http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL!bi=1307434759&searchurl=afn_sr%3DCJ%26isbn%3D9780099749202

Good luck - feel free to ask questions :)

accroul, Jan 24, 3:49am
You dare to squeeze my butt! my DH reckons I could snap his hand with my butt. That's not all it can do either. you SURE you still want to squeeze it maxwell.inc!

Dazz, I'm picking up a book from the library tomorrow which I assume is the real deal as Callan is the author. and then to see if the motivation strikes me!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 24, 3:50am
Ouch Craytail! Lay off - I know I've got the saggiest butt in town, but wait til I get going on callanetics.
At least I know I've got one of the correct books. Just got to open it and get on with it! Tomorrow, I promise!

rachsta, Jan 24, 3:51am
Thank you Uli! Is it worth it! Can you get any from the library! Thank you :)

uli, Jan 24, 5:25am
Well I think it is worth it LOL :)
You need to find out for yourselves. However it is as with anything: YOU will have to find an hour 3 times a week (or more often if you feel like it) and do it - otherwise it will not work.

I haven't been to the library for a long time - so I don't know which ones would stock it, but others on here had it out from their libraries - so ask and find out.

Good luck.

uli, Jan 24, 8:31am
Yes I have the book - in fact I have about 6 books of Callan herself - not so sure about the new "Cardio callanetics" videos etc - which seem to be 100% contradictory to what Callan used to say .

davidk63, Jan 25, 5:02am
I have only done it 6x and I do feel tighter, but only as yet in my arms and thighs.Still going slow on the tummy and bum ones, can feel my muscles though which I couldn't before.The stretches are great, I can get down further.Could probably get further still if I didn't have so much body in between.I'm using complete callanetics from library.I thought the pics looked great too fourkingz