Diabetes meals/eating Plans?

Page 5 / 5
firob, Jul 7, 10:26am
Having just completed 21 yrs as a Type 1, injecting 4 times each day, I cannot believe the " tit for tat " showing on this thread. Go to your local Diabetes Society for support, information. They will have a wealth of information available to any person with diabetes, whetherType 1 or 2.

elliehen, Jul 7, 11:16am
Yes, firob, it's childish.I've tried to enter the thread only when the 'advice' is really wacky and off-the-wall and I feel it needs countering and to be turned back towards the individual's own health professional.

Diabetes is misunderstood - some posters here seem to think it's all about fat people who have caused their own condition through poor diet.

Many children - slim, fit and otherwise healthy - have been diagnosed as young as 18 months old.Children and teenagers have to manage the rigorous daily discipline of a person such as you with long-term Type I diabetes, and to be 'educated' by an anonymous ignoramus is arrogant and insulting.

uli, Nov 30, 3:10am
Too sad to lose this thread - so up it goes. Lots of sweet diabetic desserts and christmas cakes coming soon too - and with it lots more discussions I am sure.

maysept, Dec 1, 4:40am
And your qualifications are what exactly!

maysept, Dec 1, 4:41am
Great advice, some commonsense at last!

maysept, Dec 1, 4:49am
You think they give great advice! Really! Frankly they come across as nutters who've just joined a cult. Reading some book by some 'doctor' and believing every word doesn't make you a qualified expert. It just makes you gullible.

knowsley, Dec 2, 3:59am
So much incorrect information in here from the low carb crowd. I bet they are cringing now, rereading it!

buzzy110, Dec 2, 4:34am
Oh dear. The book she read gave her the tools to get the results she should have been achieving all along and you dive right on in and start calling her names. Sad but par for the course for those whose minds are closed to the possibilities and who want everyone to follow official guidelines, whether they are results based or not. After all, it is not your life so why should you care if her health and then her life is terminated long before it need be.

buzzy110, Dec 2, 4:37am
No. Actually I would have thought that the "follow the official diet" advocates are the ones who should be cringing and probably were way back when this thread was new.

knowsley, Dec 2, 4:43am
Still refuse to admit when you're wrong, huh!