Ideas for quick easy affordable but yummy

snipes5, Jun 7, 11:20pm
cocktail nibbles... I'll be throwing a cocktail party... can someone please give me some ideas... or some simple canapes? ? Actually what are canapes? ? lols...

snipes5, Jun 8, 7:41am
Thanks 245sam... just checked it out. . seems a bit too much to do. . lols. . I was looking more simple...
But thanks anyways. . will keep looking through it. .

holz22, Jun 8, 7:16pm
Slice a french stick ($2) into rounds, brush with olive oil and toast in oven. Use these for a base, and add your own cheap toppings. Some ideas: chopped tomato, basil and garlic or cream cheese and thinly sliced gerkin or chopped dried apricot and cream cheese and cracked pepper. Lots of cheap, but yummy things you could use :)

margyr, Jun 8, 8:03pm
Traditionally, canapés are built on stale white bread (though other foods may be used as a base), cut in thin slices and then shaped with a cutter or knife. Shapes might include circles, rings, squares, strips or triangles. These pieces of bread are then prepared by deep frying, sautéeing, or toasting. The foods are sometimes highly processed and decoratively applied (i. e. piped) to the base with a pastry bag. Decorative garnishes are then applied. The canapés are usually served on a canapé tray and eaten from small canapé plates. The technical composition of a canapé consists of a base (i. e. the bread or pancake), a spread, a main item, and a garnish. The spread traditionally is either a compound butter or a flavored cream cheese. Common garnishes can range from finely chopped vegetables, scallions, and herbs to caviar or truffle oil.

margyr, Jun 8, 8:06pm
spread the bread with cream cheese and then top with; smoked mussel, smoked salmon, little bit of shaved ham with a tiny cube of gherkin, make up a cheese and onion spread and put this on some, you can also make some hot a little bit of cheese and onion and pop under the grill for a little bit.

margyr, Jul 19, 8:49am
half slices of salami, crab meat, little peice of camembert with a small peice of olive on it, loads of stuff you just need to make it look pretty.