Ray McV recipes from 23 May Sunday Startimes

wron, May 24, 8:30am
Hi everyone,
I missed out on getting a copy last Sunday - but heard a radio advert saying he had some delicious dessert recipes in the magazine section. Can somebody post what they were please?
Thanks.

addie76, May 24, 8:33am
Little Pots of Chocolate Praline & Apples Baked in Pastry with Fig & Almond Stuffing.

cookessentials, May 24, 8:39am
I liked the look of the little chocolate praline pots.

griffo4, May 24, 8:46pm
l have the paper and l will post it later

griffo4, May 25, 12:06am
Little Pots of Chocolate Praline
1/2 cup roasted almonds
175g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
300mls full cream milk
500ml cream
250g dark chocolate, chopped

Preheat oven to 180C
Put the almonds on a lightly oiled oven tray
Take a medium-sized frying pan and add 125g caster sugar
Place this over a moderate heat and let it begin to melt
Swirl the pan as it does so (do not stir) so the sugar melts evenly
Let it bubble until golden brown, occasionally swirling the pan to keep the colour even
Pour over the almonds and allow to cool

Break the almonds and caramel into pieces, then process in a food processor or smash with a meat hammer or rolling pin until it forms a coarse powder
This is the praline
Beat the eggs yolks and remaining 50g sugar until thick and pale
Place the milk and 300mls of the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth
Whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg yolk mixture a little at a time
Pour into 6 small oven proof ramekins or coffee cups
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the praline on to each pot of chocolate
Arrange in a roasting pan containing enough hot water to come halfway up the cups
Place in oven for 30 minutes or until just set; the chocolate will be quite soft and creamy until it cools
Remove from the oven, cool and chill
To serve, place each cup on a small serving plate
Whip the remaining cream and serve each pot of chocolate with a dollop of cream, well sprinkled with the remaining praline

cookessentials, May 25, 12:14am
Thanks griffo, I do have the paper ( well, that is if it has not gone onto the fire) I just liked the look of them and I think it would make a nice simple dessert.

griffo4, May 25, 12:20am
Apples Baked in Pastry with Fig and Almond stuffing
375g flour
pinch salt
1 tablespoon caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
125 g butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup ground almonds
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 dried figs, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons brandy, whisky or rum
6 medium sized apples
1 egg, beaten
300mls cream, whipped

Preheat oven to 200C
Put the flour, salt and caster sugar, butter and zest into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Alternatively, this can be done with your fingertips
Add enough chilled water to make the mixture form a ball while it's processing
As soon as the pastry has formed a ball, stop mixing, wrap in plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes
Place the almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, figs and brandy in a bowl and mix well
Cut the stalk end off each apple, then core the apples
Push plenty of stuffing into each cavity
Reserve the remaining stuffing
Roll out the pastry, then cut into discs big enough to wrap around each apple, with a gap at the top
Wrap each apple in pastry, leaving a small part of the apple and the stuffing exposed
Divide the remaining stuffing evenly among the apples, placing it in the gap at the top of the pastry
Arrange the apples gap side up on an oven proof tray
Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with extra caster sugar, then bake for 45 minutes until well cooked
lf the apples look as if they're burning the top, cover with foil until tender
Serve with whipped cream
Serves 6

griffo4, May 25, 12:23am
Yes cooks they do look nice and l had forgotten about the recipes so now l don't have to worry if the paper disappears now because l can copy and paste this and it saves having bits of paper lying round the place, lol
l have so many bits of paper and it takes me ages to find the recipe l want
Did you see the stuffed mussels in the other section?
l am going to make them this weekend l just need to find an easy lemon aioli (sp) recipe

wron, May 26, 9:44am
Thanks for the recipes! ! ! !
Stuffed mussels sounds yummy but a bit fiddly?

griffo4, May 27, 12:43am
Will let you know about the mussels l am making them on Saturday night and they said to pipe the stuffing in

griffo4, Jun 17, 6:00pm
Just had to come and find this to copy and paste the Ray McV recipes after a friend "borrowed my piece of newspaper" to make them
The mussel stuffing is sooo nice l was tempted to pop some bread in the toaster and have some on toast, lol, and yes they are very nice and l just put the stuffing in with a teaspoon a bit fiddly but worth it