Ideas for taking a plate for a shared lunch?

dollydot, May 20, 10:15pm
Preferably food that doesn't need heating and can sit for an hour or so till served as this is for after a baptism service on Sunday. Something I can put together mostly the night before would be really helpful as I'll be quite busy in the morning and need to be out by 9. 15 am. Am happy to make a quiche but that would need heating and also should be refrigerated until then. Any ideas?

dorothy_vdh, May 21, 12:06am
maybe a fruit platter, or cheese and crackers. I'm sure if you put the cheese in a chiller bag with and ice pack it would be fine. That way you could also add sliced meats to it as well.
Other ideas muffins, scones, pikeletsa cake or slice

kiwitrish, May 21, 1:20am
Club sandwiches made in the tupperware jelly mould. Made the night before. Dead easy and impressive. Taste good too. I do it all the time.

elliehen, May 21, 1:40am
Small savoury pikelets are always popular - make pikelets the night before, keep fresh in a plastic bag and in the morning quickly top with cream cheese and a thin curl of smoked salmon. Add a tiny garnish of fresh green herb.

eastie3, May 21, 2:07am
Fruit kebabs : I do red grape, pineapple, rock melon, green grape in that order, sprinkle with poppy seeds if you like because it looks appealing. Strawberries in season and gold kiwifruit for the rockmelon if preferred.

dollydot, May 21, 5:56am
x1
Nice ideas, thanks heaps, I like them all!

jellybeanbee04, May 21, 6:02am
Asparagus rolls, just bread and asparagus. I hate them, but mum always made them. Quick and easy and always seemed to go down well.

greerg, May 25, 8:58am
Pinwheel sandwiches with a variety of fillings.