Chocolate sweet short pastry

wheelz, Dec 11, 5:33am
Each year I make many batches of Christmas fruit mince tarts, each year I think "which pastry is the best?" So I made a batch with almond meal added, some with rice flour added and some with lemon juice added. So next year When it comes times to repeat the baking, I'll have it noted.
I plan on making choclate and raspberry mini tarts for Christmas Day. and got to thinking, I wonder if I could use chocolate pastry with the fruit mince and add rum to the mince. I haven't seen fruit mince with anything other than normal sweet short. so either I'll be making a huge blunder, or I'm onto something new!
Google came up with nothing as to regards what the addition of rice flour with plain flour would result in, I know when added to shortbread, gives crisper finish.
I also make a mean fresh raspberry pie, again the recipe states plain short pastry. I'll be using chocolate short pastry this time.
Now my fridge has over 3 kilo of pastry sitting in it ready to use or freeze.

sarahb5, Dec 11, 6:35am
When I make my pastry for mince pies I mix it with fresh squeezed orange juice rather than water. I would’ve used lard to make crisper/shorter pastry but have now learnt you can use coconut oil instead of lard. I use semolina to make my shortbread crunchier.

nauru, Dec 11, 7:16am
I add the rind and juice of an orange to my sweet mince pie pastry.

wheelz, Nov 22, 4:52pm
That's what I have often done. but got to thinking this time.