Hosting Xmas Lunch for the first time.

mzm, Dec 5, 5:42am
. for 10 adults and 2 kids - must be egg (even cooked in cakes), berry, nut (all) and seafood free. Ideas please!

sarahb5, Dec 5, 5:59am
Stick to doing the main/savoury course and get everyone else to bring either a dessert or a snacking platter. Do you want something traditional for main course? BBQ is simple but so is ham and/or turkey wth salads.

Cheesecake can be egg, nut and berry free if you do make dessert yourself and fruit salad also.

sherrydog, Dec 5, 6:18am
Don't get too ambitious. Can you get the family to each bring a contribution? Usual in a lot of families. Do a large or couple of turkey rolls (best quality) and potatoes in the oven. The rest a variety of salads - plenty out there. Broccoli, cranberry and a good mayonnaise for a starter. Desserts - fruit salad/ice cream softened and a tub of Christmas mince mixed in and then refrozen/trifle. I think the trifle sponge sold in supermarket is minus eggs. You can check at the deli counter. Take your time - make lists and organise as much ahead so you can also enjoy Christmas Day. I hope the day is successful for you all.

blueviking, Dec 5, 8:11pm
Turkey with pork stuffing(no eggs needed) New mint potatoes. Roast pumpkin, kumara & carrots.(with sliced capsicum, red onion, courgettes, beans &asparagus, thrown in in the last 20mins to heat through) Cut the veges bite size as you can cook these quicker when the turkey is resting.Peas in a separate serving dish. Gravy. Fresh sweetcorn(either boiled or bbq'd)
Fresh fruit salad(pineapple,peaches. honey dew, watermelon,Paw Paw,) with ice cream, jelly and maple syrup.

korban, Dec 5, 8:30pm
Ham; chicken; salami; steak; sausages
New potatoes, peas
Cold salad platter - lettuce, cheeses, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickled onions, etc - I tend to do platters so people can take what they like rather than making up a salad
Fresh fruit - watermelon, rock melon, pineapple, peaches, apricots, cherries, etc
Icecream, jelly, chocolate sauce etc - make your own sundaes

cgvl, Dec 5, 9:32pm
http://www.vegkitchen.com/
Try this site for some ideas, I know they have a vegan desserts, ie Dairy free etc. They might have something you could make.
I have a bean meatball that I make, can be made as patties, or small balls for dipping. About to go out so will look it up and post later if you would like it, I think I have posted it on here at some stage also.

mzm, Nov 26, 6:12pm
Thank you for your ideas, I really like the ones about others bring dishes to share and having platters.
Thank you again