Baked Coffee Cheesecake Recipe - GF Option

ed65, Dec 21, 5:11am
I want to share an easy and delicious baked cheesecake recipe that I made for the first time yesterday (having cut the recipe out of a magazine over 10 years ago!). My husband has coeliac disease but it was easy to substitute gluten free ingredients. The original recipe has the base made out of just a 200g packet of plain biscuits and butter, but I tweaked it a bit by substituting some nuts to make up the 20g and adding cocoa powder.

Baked Coffee Cheesecake

Base:
150g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
50g chopped brazil nuts
1 heaped T cocoa powder
90g butter, melted

Filling:
¾ cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 x 250g tubs of light cream cheese
2 T sifted plain flour
2 t instant coffee powder
1 T hot water

1. Lightly grease base & side of a 22cm spring-form tin; line base with baking paper.

2. Blitz nuts, biscuits and cocoa powder in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Combine with melted butter in a bowl, and press the mix over the base of the prepared tin. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

3. Beat sugar, eggs, cream cheese and flour in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour three quarters of the mixture over the biscuit base.

4. Dissolve coffee in hot water in a small bowl. Add to remaining cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.

5. Pour coffee mixture over mixture in the tin. Using a skewer, swirl mixtures together. Place on an oven tray.

6. Cook in a slow oven, 160 degrees C, for about 1 ¼ hours (keep checking after 1 hour as mine only took 1 hour 5 minutes to cook). Cool in oven with door ajar; cover, refrigerate overnight.

**The original recipe says serve decorated with sifted icing sugar and chocolate coated coffee beans but I didn’t want to hide the lovely swirly pattern I made with the skewer.

bisloy, Dec 21, 9:00am
Sounds lovely. Look forward to giving it a go. Thank you

strowan1, Nov 16, 8:11am
This sound delicious, love anything coffee flavoured, many thanks for sharing.