Cheesecake recipe.help please

cook, Dec 29, 7:14am
Concerned about a cheesecake I've just made. At the top of the recipe it says cooking time 1 hour, yet once the thing is mixed etc, all that has to happen is "place in refrigerator and chill overnight". No mention of cooking anywhere. My concern is that there are 4 eggs in the recipe, yolks mixed with sugar and grated citrus rind, and beaten egg-whites folded into the mix towards the end. The only heating as such is blending yolks, sugar, rind, and gelatine over simmering water.
Am I missing something, or has there been something missed out of the recipe!

cook, Dec 29, 8:51am
As yOu mention gelatine, I would imagine it is an unbaked cheesecake, and "cooking time" would be "prep time".

Have you a link to the recipe!

cook, Dec 29, 9:09am
http://www.foodtolove.co.nz/recipes/citrus-cheesecake-with-passionfruit-topping-11018

You could be right. Although it took me more than an hour, and I still have topping to put on it in the morning. Cheers

cook, Dec 29, 9:22am
45 mins prep, 25 mins cook time.

Cheesecakes take longer than that to bake, so definitely an unbaked cheesecake. The cooking time is for the eggs, and then the finishing off.

Hope it works out better than the cheesecakes I've attempted for Xmas (sheesh, anything would have been really - not my best baking oops)

cook, Dec 29, 5:26pm
I love baking etc. Always wanted to be a Pastry-cook after I left school. The harder the recipe the better I like it lol.