Date ricies and apricot balls

slaintewesties, Dec 21, 3:40am
Hoping someone can help me . I was given as a teacher gift some really yummy uncooked bliss type balls made with apricots dates and puffed rice and rolled in coconut. They were yummo. I can't seem to find a recipe online for them. I thought they were a type of uncooked Bumblebee recipe. They were called Burt's/Bert's Balls. Looking forward to your replies. Cheers

nanasee1, Dec 21, 4:43am
Possibly these?
APRICOT DATE BALLS
125 grams chopped dates 1 Tablespoon Preserved Ginger (optional)
125 grams chopped apricots Coconut (to roll)
60 grams butter 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 teasp Ground Ginger 1 - 1/2 Cups Ricies
Cook dates, apricots & butter until mushy. Add sugar and ginger, stir well. Add Ricies. Roll in coconut. (Ginger is optional & as an alternative roll them in sugar rather than coconut.)

huia991, Nov 16, 5:10pm
My mother used to make what she called nightingales. When I’ve made them, I’ve cut back on the sugar because they’re quite sweet. They don’t have apricots, but i would think you could add some dried, chopped apricots, or substitute for some of the dates.

Nightingales
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped dates
2 eggs
1 t vanilla essence
3 cups rice bubbles
coconut

In a saucepan combine, dates, sugar and eggs. Stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken and sugar dissolves. Take off heat. Add vanilla essence and rice bubbles to hot mix. Place coconut on a tray or dinner plate. Dip teaspoon in water, then gather spoonful of date mix. Mould into a ball shape then coat in coconut. Chill in fridge until set.