A REALLY LIGHT AND FLUFFY PIKLET RECIPE PLEASE.

Page 2 / 2
buzzy110, May 21, 10:59pm
.There really was no need to mention me in the thread. I don't have much to do with pikelets. Some posters need discord to make their day nicer so yes, I guess she had a happy day.

buzzy110, May 21, 11:04pm
Yes. I had a very happy day. Thank you. A pity your intent in post #7 was not so pleasant.

fruitbat, May 21, 11:09pm
Dough? Batter sounds better !

fruitbat, May 21, 11:12pm
Very interesting. I will try that.

devonwrecked, May 21, 11:55pm
Leaving it for 15 minutes allows the gluten in the flour to develop. It holds in the bubbles while giving the raising agents time to release their gases. It's also a good technique to use with pancakes, which have similar issues to pikelets - the short cooking time doesn't allow the .raising agents to fully disperse. I try and leave my pancake mix an hour before cooking.

samanya, May 22, 12:45am
Great to hear . btw, who better to ask than those who purport to know everything?

uli, May 22, 3:36am
Where is a "sarcastic" reply from me in this thread?
Could you point it out please?
it seems no matter what I post someone is enraged?

joybells2, May 22, 4:26am
Why do we get all these horrible remarks, I am sure it has put a lot of people off this board as there certainly doesn't seem to be as many posts as there was years ago, what a pity.

sarahb5, May 22, 6:34am
Yep - I generally don't bother posting in threads where some others have posted but unfortunately it doesn't stop them posting after I've posted in a thread .

samanya, May 22, 6:44am
Don't let them phase you . I'm unpopular, simply because I challenge the 'extreme purists' . the 'my way is the only way' types. but someone has to!
We are all here to learn & try to give the benefit of our experience & what works for us . across all dietary choices . even though some are not our particular choices, that's not our concern.
If we can help why shouldn't we . & you do sarahb5 . 'ups to you'!

uli, May 22, 7:52am
I do not know what those women are about? I am still not sure what my shocking post was?

Anyway before I took a little holiday from TM to get away from the constant bickering which seems to follow my every post - we used to have something like 165 pages of recipes. Now we go are going down to 53. why? because lots of us older cooks simply cannot be bothered anymore by the constant animosity.

sarahb5, May 22, 8:07am
Are you for real? Who is the root cause of a great deal of the animosity in your opinion then?

fifie, May 22, 10:08am
This is a public M/b so we are going to get a range of opinions, as well as people from different cultures posting lets try and get on and help each other. Ive learnt if some one posts and you dont like what you see, move on there has been some good recipes posted in here over the years since it started ,lets keep it that way so we can all enjoy them. We have already lost good cooks in the past because of exactly this, the thread is getting smaller and quieter so lets not lose any more.

sarahb5, May 22, 10:14am
Nah - I've given up - yeah I realise it means the biarches have won but seriously life's too short to get wound up by a message board. I've had some great help on here but I've also had incredible nastiness from alleged adults who should try to remember that behind every screen/keyboard is a real person - it can be a great place to exchange ideas, or it was, but the nicest and most helpful posters have all gone .

Last one out turn off the light please .

jaybee6, May 22, 10:37am
The secret to my receipe is you leave lumps in the mixture. In other words do not over mix. Always have good comments on mine.
Looks like the same old same old happening again. Lol.

doree36, May 23, 1:08am
A little hint when making pikelets DONT wait until the bubbles burst - turn them over before they do - will make light and fluffy pikelets. By doing this you are keeping the air in your pikelets - as when the bubble burst they let all the air out. done this for years and have won cooking competitions by doing this Happy pikelet making! Noni R.

rainrain1, May 23, 1:34am
Click

wendalls, May 23, 2:19am
its not at all Buzzy and Uli starting the discord these days. Sometimes they are very frank in telling certain posters that they have no desire to ever help them. Yet they are very helpful to others. The bored one is ever hopeful for a juicy fight again, and knows that the littlest mention might trigger it.

samanya, May 23, 3:19am
If you are referring to me as 'the bored one' . you couldn't be more wrong.
I treat people as they treat me, on here & in real life . don't you?

sarahb5, May 23, 3:42am
There's a difference between frank and outright rudeness .

samanya, May 23, 5:53am
People come in here for (or to) help & don't need a lecture, if their food choices are considered inferior/unhealthy by some people.

kaddiew, May 23, 5:57am
Can't everyone just ignore, stop biting or baiting, be the bigger person, and get back to the subject? It's PIKELETS in case anyone was wondering.

Edited to add : This is not aimed at any one person.

sarahb5, May 23, 6:07am
Tried that - doesn't work - but I did have a genuine pikelets related question when I came in here, it's kind of been answered but I still don't know what to cook them in - butter? Oil? How much? Frying pan? Cast iron or non stick?

samanya, Sep 18, 6:57pm
I don't think some people even realise that they are downright bloody rude/sarcastic & then wonder why some take exception to their comments & it's been going on for years, nothing new . it's just that some of us won't accept being put down, or our contributions mocked, because some don't agree. Why should we? If we let it slide, it becomes the 'norm' & some people need a damned good wake up call as to what is acceptable behaviour/manners & what isn't?
But unfortunately, it's always someone else 's fault, huh?