What's your 'go to' recipe

Page 2 / 2
buzzy110, Apr 21, 4:13am
Yep. It grows like topsy. I got given a piece from someone who just pulled it off her plant. I stuck it in the vege garden, with no great expectations. I never watered it or gave it any attention, other than to keep the area weed free. By the end of summer I was seriously struggling to stop it taking over that entire corner of the garden. Growing in a tub or pot is definitely a fine idea.

esther-anne, Apr 21, 5:46am
Well that all suite me to a 'T' - we live in a ground floor apartment and though the 'garden' is large it's more like an edging around a large patio and is filled with lavender and other things - do have mint and parsley growing under the lavender, but any other herbs, chillies or tomatoes are grown in pots - or buckets. So lemongrass is my next thing to try in a pot!

ritebuy, Apr 21, 8:51am
I can send small plants to anyone who wants lemon grass its so easy to grow

valentino, Apr 22, 4:40am
Simple and it is very simple especially if one's bones are getting sore, the muscles starts stiffening, hands and legs cramping, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome settling in.

2 to 3 drumsticks per person (depending on size), into ovenproof dish, a wee bit of water say 2 tbs per drumstick, smear Canola oil over top then sprinkle a wee bit of dried herbs or salt or whatever (even a squirt of marinade) and just bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on timing and temp like 185C for a quicker cook or 170C for a slower cook.

So simple it is nothing to it, just add a bit of salad or fries or peas and mash or spuds, etc to suit.

samanya, Apr 22, 4:52am
Doesn't 'grow like Topsy' outside here, heavy frosts & even snow at times, the upside is that kills off a few garden pests. I'm very proud of myself that I have managed to grow a huge plant (grown from TM seed) in my greenhouse & it certainly has grown like Topsy there . wonderful plant/flavour. EA if we lived closer, you'd be welcome to a huge chunk of it.

esther-anne, Apr 22, 5:27am
Aw bless samanya - but from what you have written in the past I suspect you are an ardent gardener with green thumbs - me not so much - I'm just thrilled I have prolific chillies in a pot!

samanya, Apr 22, 5:47am
I have the space & yes, you are right, I'm a bit of an 'earth mother' . but can still get the designer duds on when the occasion arises ;o)
I've always had a special interest (& a diploma) in the use of herbs, but only grow the ones I use & there's no reason that you can't concentrate on the ones you know you'll use, in pots. I must eat bucket loads of Parsley a year, I reckon. Have it somewhere on each meal.

seaspray1, Sep 22, 9:16am
A dairyfree eggfree chocolate cake that cooks in 30 minutes. Absolutely my go to cake. It is far far nicer than I ever imagined it to be.