Pea salad recipe

kilmarnock1, Sep 16, 5:46am
Can anyone help please, sometime ago I found a salad recipe on here using thawed frozen peas, I think it also contained mint and nuts, but not sure what else, am unable to locate it again using the search on the left hand side?

awoftam, Sep 16, 6:15am

kilmarnock1, Sep 16, 6:33am
Thank you Awoftam, not quite but close, I also think it may have had feta as well.

awoftam, Sep 16, 6:36am
If it was me making it I'd cut the sugar - peas are so naturally sweet by themselves! And yes, feta would be a yum addition.

samanya, Sep 16, 7:04am
I had a similar salad years ago in a bach, on the remote west coast of the SI, with a group of mates . & under the circumstances of limited cooking facilities only like a BBQ etc. it was delicious. From memory, it was thawed peas, cashew nuts & a dressing of bottled mint sauce
You could add other dressings though.

rainrain1, Sep 16, 7:11am
Could it have been this one
Nelsons bay of Plenty Salad
2 cups frozen peas, thaw, and drain off any liquid.
Take 1 cup of honey coated roasted peanuts, and lightly crush. Chop 3 leaves of fresh mint and add to 1/4 cup salad oil, with 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp sugar, plus 1 tsp wholegrain mustard. Add 1/4 cup mint sauce and mix together. Toss this dressing through the peas and peanuts, and serve with hot or cold meat.

samanya, Oct 24, 7:55am
That was it . I'm sure!
Bless you rainrain.