Chicken Breast, a healthy meal

crusierman, Jan 10, 9:09pm
what can I do with these thats yummy and healthy Please :)

smchkn, Jan 10, 9:26pm
top with veges and herbs / spices and bake in oven, serve over green salad and cous cous

cgvl, Jan 10, 9:43pm
I did a nice butter chicken the other night.
Chicken pie with or without pastry, could do like a cottage pie with potato on top.
Stir fry, Bake in oven.
Slice thinly and saute, then serve in a salad.

245sam, Jan 10, 9:56pm
poached chicken breasts - serve with salad or vegetables or use in sandwiches, wraps, paninis. . . . . or use to make chicken pizzas. Here's a couple of poached chicken recipes that you might like to try. . . . .

POACHED CHICKEN(1)
1/2 cup each of soy sauce and orange juice
water – up to 1&1/2 cups water
3 x 2·5cm thick slices fresh ginger (mashed, grated or chopped)
1/2 tsp 5-spice powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Bring all the liquids and spices to a boil, using just enough water to make the liquid deep enough to fully cover the chicken. Reduce to a simmer and add the whole chicken breasts. Cover the pot and simmer very low for 2 minutes, then turn the chicken over and simmer for another 2 minutes. Cool the chicken in the liquid. If not needed until the next day refrigerate the chicken in the cooking liquid.

POACHED CHICKEN(2)
2 cups water OR 1 cup each of water and white wine
a little salt
peppercorns
1 small bay leaf
sprig of tarragon (or use dried tarragon if fresh is not available)
1 small onion (sliced)
500g chicken breast fillets
Bring all the ingredients, except the chicken, to the boil, then add the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat and poach for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely in the stock; then cut into strips or slices. :-))

crusierman, Jan 10, 10:03pm
thanks they sound yummy

punkinthefirst, Jan 10, 10:05pm
Try this one. . . . . delicious!
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/orange-you-hungry
-tangerine-dream-chicken-curry-carrot-couscous/

fisher, Jan 10, 10:43pm
PoachedChicken Breasts
Filling:
1/2 chicken breast. . 100ml cream. . nutmeg. . salt. . chives . . white pepper . . choice of chervil ~ tarragon ~ oregano. . 1 large brown mushroom. .
Slice the brown mushroom finely and cook in a little olive oil. Finely slice the chives and herb of your choice.
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and whiz up . . Scoop out and place into a snap lock bag, snip a corner end off to create a piping bag.
Method:
Butterfly a chicken breast for each person and pipe in the filling mixture. . Don't overfill . . Fold the breast over to ensure no filling showing. .
Lay out glad wrap and place each breast in and add a little salt and white pepper over the top. . .
Carefully roll 5 times tucking in ends to eventually make a tidy "sealed" sausage shape and knot each end. .
Place in med hot (not boiling) stock for exactly 7 mins to poach. . . Snip end, press out and cut in half on the diagonal. Serve with your side dish preference. . .

fisher, Jan 10, 10:46pm
Chicken Breast Stack
Preheat oven to 220 c~Must use fresh herb leaves.
Butterfly each chicken breast and allow one per person. Sprinkle each with black pepper and Masterfoods Italian Herb Salt on both sides.
Dredge each breast in plain flour and sear in frypan in hot oil until browned on both sides. Now stack in oven capable pot or tall casserole dish.
Place one breast on bottomAdd garlic slivers, FRESH sage leaves and three cubes of butter. Place next breast on top and repeat process.
When last breast is placed with sage butter and garlic, pour 1/2 cup of white wine into the dish. Place in over at 220c for 15 mins.
Variations:
FRESH basil can be used in place of the Fresh sage
A knob of blue cheese for each breast adds a nice flavour.

fisher, Jan 10, 10:47pm
Devilled Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, skinned . . 1 tbsp cider vinegar . . 1 tsp chilli powder. . 1/2 tsp dry mustard . . 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce or more if you like. . 2 tbsp oil. . 1/2 tsp salt. . 2 tbsp water. . dash of Worcestershire sauce.
Method:
Mix all the ingredients. Add chicken pieces. Turn several times to coat well. Let sit while you preheat oven grill.
Set chicken about 6 inches from heat. Grill. Turn chicken. Baste with seasoned oil. Grill a further 10 - 15 mins until chicken is cooked thru.

fisher, Jan 10, 10:49pm
Orange Chicken Breasts
Preheat oven to 180c
In an oven proof dish place, 2 tbsp of honey, some prepared mustard, crushed garlic and orange juice. Add zest of the orange.
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and roll chicken breasts with skin on in the mix. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes until cooked

fisher, Jan 10, 10:54pm
Chicken baked with Crème Fraiche and Mustard
Place 4-5 Chicken breasts into a deep ovenproof dish. . Mix together250g crème fraiche, 2 tbsp whole seed mustard, 1 tsp tarragon.
Spoon mixture over chicken. Scatter over 250gm halved cherry tomatoes, chopped rashers of bacon and few sliced sundried tomatoes. . . .
Season with ground black pepper. . .
Fan bake for 30 mins at 180c.
Serve with new jerseys cut in half, skin on and boiled till just tender.
Add a parsley butter and veges of your choice. .

macwood2, Jan 12, 8:10am
punkinthefirst I just checked out this recipe and I like the look of it. What did you use for the hot sauce? Tabasco? TIA

carolyn20, Jul 13, 8:52am
I scribbled this recipe down many years ago from a Nigella programme (so no precise measurements sorry), adapted it slightly and still cook it regulary, especially during summer.

Chicken breasts:marinate in bag with olive oil, lemon juice, & garlic for 10-15mins (bash to flatten the breasts a bit). Cook in pan (shouldn't need oil)

Yoghurt sauce: mix thick greek yoghurt with mint, finely chopped chilli (or out a jar is fine) and a finely chopped spring onion (but I don't always)

Couscous: make this up using chicken stock. On serving dish lay couscous out first, sprinkle with paprika, (and also chick peas to really flash it up if you've guests however my children baulk so I usually leave them off). On top of this put the sliced chicken and serve with the yoghurt sauce.