guitarman525 calling guitarman525 !! Butter makers

barloo, May 5, 9:07am
... ... Does this spreadlike marg? ?

This sounds great for making butter go further:)

butter... . YUMMM

i Have found a recipe that makes butter more user friendly and go a lot further and tastes soooo much better than margarine.

I'm not sure where i got the recipe ... it may have been off here... but anyway...

You get 1 packet of butter(500g) and with a handmixer or foodprocessor slowly whizz it around once it is softened and moving easily slowly add in 200ml of cooking oil (i used sunflower as lower cholestrol than olive but am going to experiment with other oils) just drizzle it in mixing as you go then get 200ml of cold water and do the same thing. A little at a time until well mixed.

I ended up with three containers(each 500g) of spread so not bad value for the price!

you use it for all your baking, sandwiches etc

posted by guitarman525

guitarman525, May 5, 9:33am
Hi Barloo
what i found it that wasnt quite as soft as marg but still spreadable and that the taste was very good! of course its a bit more expensive to make now that butter is such a disgusting price!
my suggestion would be to keep your butter in small quantities in an old marg container (which is what i do)and keep it on bench so then it would always be a good consistancy.
hope this helps and good luck with your butter

barloo, May 5, 10:23am
will give it a go. But not sure about leaving it out thou!

tixy, Apr 3, 10:45pm
I made this for a while (it was great for camping! ) and it does make it go further. I didn't use it for cooking though as I found the water came out of it when heated. Don't freeze it!

I no longer make it, partly because I'm one of the lucky ones who still has a butter conditioner!