anyone in Tauranga make sugar flowers

redrose, May 4, 6:10am
I dont know very much about making them other than books I get from library and wondering if there anyone can show me a few things. I cant afford to go to a class as have looked into it. , not that i like going to class situations.

cookiebarrel, May 4, 10:05am
I proberly could redrose, though I am over the 'hill' from Tauranga.

graham1972, May 4, 10:35am
what about the internet must be videos some where of making flowers and i know on good morning they do stuff like that may be look at past videos

pamellie, May 4, 7:22pm
My mum used to belong to the Tauranga Cake Decorators Club (not sure if that was the exact name) they might still be going, someone should know but that was quite a few years ago. She used to make the most amazing sugar flowers, unfortunately she is too old now or she would've been able to help you. There must be a list of all the Tauranga clubs somewhere.

cookessentials, May 4, 7:31pm
Cake Craft In Tauranga
http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Cake-Shops/Cakecraft-&-Dec
orating-Supplies/100641264_419.html

cookessentials, May 4, 7:32pm
Elsa and Ray can make cakes for you in many flavours and we can supply handmade icing flowers, silk or fresh flowers.
We stock a full range of cake decorations, fondant, cake boards, ribbons, candles, etc.
For the home decorator we stock cutters, crimpers, chocolate wraps and moulds and embossing and modelling tools.
We hire cake tins, cake stands and designer table and floor stands.
We offer a mail-order service and accept most bankcards.

redrose, May 4, 9:04pm
Thanks cookessentials but I want to learn to make my own.cookiebarrel , do you make them yourself, just want to see how they made. I have watched heaps of youtube videos but nothing like seeing them first hand. where abouts ova the hill.

redrose, May 4, 11:59pm
I live at Bayfair, Mount.

redrose, May 5, 6:47am
it would be great if you could show me a few things plus a bit of advice.

trish_w, May 5, 6:54am
I belong to the NZ cake decorating guild, there is a club in Tauranga. If you go along to a meeting you are definitly going to find someone to teach you, I have learnt so much from our meetings, things that no book can teach and the people are always really friendly. Here is the link to the Guild page, scroll down til you find Tauranga. http://www.nzcakeguild.org.nz/branches/branches.htm

cookiebarrel, May 5, 7:14pm
Know what you mean by seeing it done in the 'flesh' as it were. Would be only to happy to show and help you, free of charge as I am glad to pass on what I have learnt and yes I do make my own flowers. I am in Te Puke so will have to work out how best to contact you.

redrose, May 5, 8:18pm
thank you, would really appreciate that, you could put up a auction of something small and I can take it from there.

redrose, May 5, 8:35pm
or thinking on, maarona at the extra place.

sikofstuf, May 6, 3:49am
hi, when I was first starting out I found the wilton website really good for tips! No- I dont think Elsa teaches how to do the roses- I think she just sells them, and supplies to make them- although i found I bought bunches of supplies when I first started out, and now I use good old ball of fondant or gum paste and glad wrap! hehe. Best of luck- but if you still cant find someone- give me a yell on one of my auctions (I'll be loading more after this weekend) we may be able to meet up- I love showing how to do cake stuff! :-) Fi

redrose, May 6, 7:42am
Thanks sikofstuf, put you in my favorites.

redrose, Apr 8, 5:04pm
Thanks I got in touch with a lady there.