My honey has gone to sugar.

aquarius2005, Jun 16, 8:19am
Hi, I have a kilo of what was beautiful liquid honey from a farmers market. I tucked it away and tonight went to use it and it has sugared. I microwaved a little to see if it responded, and no not much, but I didnt take it to too hot .
Can I save it in anyway ? Thanks.

sultana0, Jun 16, 8:28am
It may have had sugar added to it in the first place, use it in a recipe for something, anything,,,,, and buy some more.... maybe not from the same supplier

cheeseepoof, Jun 16, 8:30am
Put it in a water bath, still in the jar, in water that is no hotter than 55c, should dissolve and be back to normal.

yjeva, Jun 16, 8:31am
I have read that putting it in the microwave will do the trick but I haven't tried it.

clair4, Jun 16, 9:11am
Yes microwave is good and I use it when jam has gone hard or sugary.
Just pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds and stir.If that is not enough just do it again until the consistency you require.

juliewn, Jun 16, 2:14pm
I use a microwave too - it works beautifully..

griffo4, Jun 16, 9:15pm
l have honey from my hives go like that and l just put it in the hot water cupboard and over a few days it comes back to runny
lf you brought it from a farmers market it would be in its pure state and not been tampered with or seeded and so it will go sugary but it doesn't lose its qualities
Someone said to me they liked their honey like so they could spread more onto their toast ;-))