Annabel lang. your a disgrace

deerhunter1962, Jun 18, 6:35pm
hmmm ill try this thanks for the thread

griffo4, Jun 18, 8:38pm
Glad this has come round again as l had missed Willyow's recipe

mooshiesmum, Jun 18, 9:39pm
I have a great one too, well a few but this one I am making again today! So , dense and fudgy and if you add some chopped up white chocolate to it its sooo good!

http://justamumnz.com/2014/10/18/divine-one-pot-brownie/

A few others on the website as well :-D

juliewn, Jun 21, 11:24am
Me too Griffo.

Thanks for the link to your blog mooshiesmum, have been looking for it as I'm reading the threads here. love your recipes. thanks.

jcdm, Jul 19, 4:57am
calm the farm

lodgelocum, Jul 19, 6:30am
Goodness me, this thread is nearly one year old and you start it again!

ruby2shoes, Jul 19, 6:31am
struth, how does one find a thread from a year ago. And why?

lodgelocum, Jul 19, 6:33am
Beats me. how or why would you even search for it?

awoftam, Jul 19, 6:59am
So many brownie recipies. made Chelsea Winter's one; great. Gwenyth Paltrow's one, also good but very different to other recipies i.e. no eggs, no butter. Very fudgy. Nom nom nom

spunkeymonkey, Aug 18, 6:11am
now whose with me on this one! - i have just finished making a very yummy yummy chocolate brownie. i have never made one before until just now (as I had watched her programme this afternoon) and half way through or should I say I had all products all set to go into the baking pan and what do you know almost half of the batter mixture ended up in my mouth and not the baking pan it was so yummy. I just could not help myself! This was the most easiest recipe to make. thank you sooo much Annabel your the bomb

lodgelocum, Aug 18, 6:27am
Your thread title is a bit misleading. or rude

frier, Aug 18, 6:31am
Recipe please !

spunkeymonkey, Aug 18, 6:41am
I cheated and got this one for you. Try it it is just soooo yummmmy!
enjoy it yummy too with ice cream and cream when it warm

245sam wrote:
chi-chi, I wondered when I posted earlier if you needed/wanted the recipe but assumed that you must have written it down as you watched. Anyway here's the recipe for you now.

Annabel Langbein's ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

Makes about 30 pieces.

2 cups chopped dates
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup boiling water
200g finely diced butter, at room temperature
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups caster sugar
1 cup dark cocoa, sifted
1 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
250g chocolate chips or dark chocolate, cut into small chunks

Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 30cm x 24cm slice tin with baking paper.
Put dates in a large bowl, add baking soda and boiling water and stir to combine. Add finely diced butter and stir until melted. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
Mash softened dates with a fork to break them up to a creamy consistency. Stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the sugar, then add the cocoa, flour and baking powder and stir until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
Smooth into prepared tin and bake until it is set in the middle and begins to come away from the sides of the tin (about 50 minutes).
Cool before cutting into squares.
Stored in a sealed container it will keep for a couple of weeks. :-))

Here it is if anyone else wants it :)

elliehen (4229 ) 5:05 pm, Tue 4 Dec #4

spunkeymonkey, Aug 18, 6:42am
I not really good at spelling but i got your attention, Annabel is the bomb

griffo4, Aug 18, 7:09am
made me come and look and now have another recipe to try thanks

willyow, Aug 24, 3:46am
This one is from my Dutch cocoa shippers - it is really really nice. (calorie-free too! - yeah right!). It is very simple to make.

BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

250g butter, melted but not too hot

440g sugar

4 free range eggs, at room temperature

1/2 cup of sifted 21% fat Dutch cocoa

2tsp vanilla extract

250g dark (70% cocoa solids) chocolate, chips or cut into small chunks
(Whittakers have some excellent high cocoa solids chocolate bars)

2/3 cup sifted flour

Preheat oven to 150°C set to fan bake. Combine butter, sugar, eggs, cocoa and vanilla together. Only just fold through chocolate and flour. Lightly grease a baking tin (20cm x 30cm) lined with baking paper. Spread in mixture and bake until an even crust has formed on the top (it’s going to take 50-60 minutes). Let it cool completely in it the tin. Turn out and wrap in foil only cutting as required.

spunkeymonkey, May 10, 5:08pm
yum! bump!