Annabel Langbein's Panna Cotta

coast_palms, Aug 3, 3:17am
Would anyone kindly be able to post this recipe? It was on a re-run of the Free Range Cook show last weekend and I'd dearly like to make it for my partner's birthday dinner tomorrow night.
From memory it had butter milk, cream and lemon zest in it.

TIA.

harrislucinda, Aug 3, 3:20am
ijustuse1cup milkand1creamthen1tsp gelatineto set

coast_palms, Aug 3, 3:30am
thanks harrislucinda, I am pretty set on the one above though. Just found on the tv one website.

maynard9, Aug 3, 3:33am
Just about to say have you checked the website.Hope it turns out yummy.

j.blk, Aug 3, 3:43am
I have the book and was going to type it up for you but found it on the internet heres the link for you
http://recipefinder.msn.co.nz/recipes/annabellangbein/7954531/honey-vanilla-panna-cotta

illusion_, Aug 3, 8:33pm
Clip from the show
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=aiC86d0N6HA&feature=related

Tip: get some vanilla PASTE from your supermarket (next to the essences and extracts). Much cheaper and lasts really well in the pantry.

coast_palms, Aug 3, 9:46pm
Thanks for all the help folks.just in the middle of making it at the mo. Looks good, and smells heavily of honey, which is heavenly.

I've used Heilala vanilla extract. It is grown here in the BOP and I like supporting local wunderkids.

paora-tm, Aug 4, 3:11pm
They call that panna cotta now! Really! lol

davidt4, Aug 4, 9:47pm
What did it used to be called!

donnabeth, Aug 5, 4:06am
It used to be called 'Spanish Cream' when I was a kid. Very popular, but not everyone's mother made it the same-some used eggs, some only milk, some thickened it with cornflour like commercial custard. I grew to hate the stuff. Maybe every variety had a different name officially but was generically referred to as 'Spanish Cream'.

davidt4, Aug 5, 5:09am
I hated Spanish Cream too.It wasn't the same as panna cotta though as it always had eggs in it.

willyow, Aug 6, 3:51am
x1
Vanilla Panna Cotta,
3level tsp gelatine,
2 Tablespoon cold water,
2 cupscream,
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cupcaster sugar
Mix gelatine with water so it is fully absorbed and there are no dry bits.Set aside.
Place cream,milk,vanilla and sugar in saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.As soon as it bubbles remove from the heat.
Whisk in gelatine making sure it has fully dissolved.
Cool slightly and divide between 6 - 8 serving glasses.
Chill until set.

Fabulous!

Our extract contains no artificial flavours, colours, sugaror additives of any kind - just pure vanilla bean ( pod ).

willyow, Aug 6, 4:05am
Sorry - the one above is Annabel's recipe.Wemake it using our extract - but occasional strip the seeds of a vanilla bean in - you then end up with a black strip at the bottom with vanilla beans seeds - looks quite impressive served in awine glass.

rarogal, Aug 6, 4:41am
Panna Cotta is quite different to Spanish Cream