That Sugar Film

awoftam, Aug 13, 6:23am
This is enlightening, entertaining (the music video at the end is very funny albeit with a serious message) and a must watch for anyone who is seeking more knowledge on sugar, what it is, and what it does. It also explains, in my opinion, why in a health food world many are getting sicker and fatter by the day. Anyhow, thought I'd share for those that are interested.
This is only the trailer however there are torrents to watch online for those that want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaWekLrilY

southerngurl, Aug 13, 7:22am
i bought it a few weeks ago. interesting watch actually

awoftam, Aug 13, 8:04am
What is scary is that people are eating so much sugar without even knowing it, and many think things like agave and coconut sugar are good for them or okay to eat, when they are not. Its criminal, really. Make the tobacco companies look like amateurs.

geldof, Aug 13, 9:35am
Great film.
Would be fantastic to see it screened in all the schools.

awoftam, Aug 14, 1:42am
Need parents to watch it tho! I hope its on TV soon as I know a heap of people who complain about carrying too much weight yet eat a lot of food that contain a lot of fructose.

macandrosie, Aug 14, 8:43am
It would be great if it came onto prime time tv! Our food is highly processed today. People either don't have the time to cook a wholesome meal or they simply don't know how so they reach for a packet! I have discovered if you shop only around the outside aisles of the supermarket, then you grocery bill will be less. Try it! The only things I go down the aisle for are tea, coffee, soap, toothpaste, laundry powder only frozen veges (& a little icecream for a treat)- that type of thing. I know it takes time to cook a meal from scratch each night but it is alot more satisfying, healthier, & you know what's in it!

awoftam, Aug 14, 9:53am
Oh I do 'try it' lol I don't eat from packets and haven't for about 3 years now. But thanks for the advice.

mothergoose_nz, Aug 14, 10:20am
should be on at least once a week every week

macandrosie, Aug 15, 6:49pm
Schools groups in our town were bussed to the theatre to see it which was great! But obviously some parents need to see it as well. My daughter works in a Kindergarten & she said some children have all packet food. Nothing fresh or even a simple sandwich. Some people of younger generations simply have not been taught how to cook or understand what is healthy. I wonder if they think that because it's in a packet it's at least uncontaminated so it must be ok?! I just don't know!

awoftam, Dec 26, 8:57am
Not trying to be rude however I think you may have missed the point - have you actually watched the film?