Looking for a recipe from an old slow cooker book

lucemm, May 1, 10:01pm
It was the old Alison Holst book. The recipe is for a whole pumpkin cooked with a cheese sauce inside. I want to make it, but can't find the recipe.

books4nz, May 2, 9:22am
Hi - do you know which book it's in?

tasha4, May 2, 11:06am
hope this helps

http://www.applepiepatispate.com/soups-and-stews/whole-pumpk
in-baked-cream-cheese/

korbo, May 2, 7:16pm
I have one similar that we use a lot. but am in bed at present. will dig it out. it has lots of garlic in if you desire.

neil_di, May 2, 10:18pm
Cream & Gruyere Filld Pumpkin. 1 pumpkin 1. 5 - 2 kkg or whatever will fit into pot, filling - 150g gruyere cheese grated, 50 g soft breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed, 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup milk. Preheat crockpot for 20 mins on high, put all the filling ingrediants in a bowl and combine. Pour mixture into hollowed out pumpkin, this should only 3/4 fill the pumpkin, if too full it will bubble over the top and look messy. If the hollow is not quite full enough up to 1/4 cup extra milk can be gently stirred in. Put the pumkin in the pot and replace the top 1/4 of the pumpkin. Put the lid on the c/pot and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. Note: since there is very little flesh at the base of the pumpkin when the seeds have been removed it is preferable to turn it upside down. stalk removed so it sits flat. The upper 1/4 is sliced off to become the lid.

neil_di, May 2, 10:19pm
The above was from a the old Joan Bishop crockpot book. Thought it might be what you are looking for.

lucemm, May 2, 11:33pm
That looks like it - thank you so much!

korbo, Mar 27, 4:55pm
sorry, got waylaid this arvo, yes my recipe is the same as neil. except, i toast bread, cut it up and put it. and more garlic. it is yummy. i leave out the milk, and use 300-500ml cream.