Belguim Slice recipe wanted please

ctmh, Aug 22, 2:09am
Does anyone know a recipe for this which the slice is quite dark in colour please. In Dunedin, a shop called Crusty Corner makes it and it is a very dark slice. Woiuld love to know the recipe or one similar.

arielbooks, Aug 22, 2:50am
Might be similar to Belgian biscuits brown biscuit with pink iscing. I think you can find the recipe in Edmonds.

245sam, Aug 22, 3:23am
From the former Trade me Cooks.

"Belguim slice
120g butter, 120g sugar, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon golden syrup, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons mixed spice, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 ½ cups flour - Preheat oven to 170 C. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add egg and beat well. Mix in golden syrup and then sifted dry ingredients. Press into a slice tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Ice with white icing and sprinkle with raspberry jelly crystals. Cut while warm.
posted by barloo"

ctmh, I suggest that the slice could be made "quite dark in colour" by using dark cane sugar and/or by adding cocoa.

Hope that helps. :-))

pam.delilah, Aug 22, 4:28am
Belgium Slice
125grams butter;
125grams sugar;
250grams flour;
1 egg;
1tsp Baking Powder;
2tsp cinnamon;
1tbsp golden syrup;
1tsp mixed spice
Cream butter and sugar, add egg and golden syrup the dry ingredients.
Put 1/2 mixture in sponge roll tin, spread with raspberry jam then put other 1/2 on top. Bake at 180C for 20mins.
Ice with pink icing.

bev00, Aug 22, 12:40pm
Belgium Slice
125grams butter;
125grams sugar;
250grams flour;
1 egg;
1tsp Baking Powder;
2tsp cinnamon;
1tbsp golden syrup;
1tsp mixed spice
Cream butter and sugar, add egg and golden syrup the dry ingredients.
Put 1/2 mixture in sponge roll tin, spread with raspberry jam then put other 1/2 on top. Bake at 180C for 20mins.
Ice with pink icing.

pam.delilah (742 742 positive feedback) 4:28 pm, Thu 21 Aug #5

malcovy, Aug 22, 9:46pm
Mum always added a little cocoa for that reason and the taste of cocoa could not be detected in the slice.