How would you cook a small Pork Belly (800 grams)

jaydan1, Mar 4, 6:38pm
I have rubbed lemon and salt on it last night ( apparently it makes a nice crackle) but i'm a bit unsure how to cook it.along with temperature and for how long!

How do you cook yours!

Thanks for your help.

pickles7, Mar 4, 6:52pm
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9098/sticky-slowroast-belly-of-pork
This looks nice, I could be tempted to try it myself.

davidt4, Mar 4, 8:07pm
I get the best results by roasting it very slowly on a bed of thickly sliced onions, some whole garlic cloves, herbs (e.g. rosemary, thyme, tarragon) and a few bay leaves.Put the pork on top, skin side up.Pour in about a cup of white or red wine or beer (be careful not to splash the skin), salt,and roast uncovered for about 3 hours at 140 C.Check periodically and add a little water if it is drying out.When the meat is completely tender and wobbly, take out of oven, turn the grill on to maximum heat, place the meat under the grill as close as possible, watch like a hawk as the crackling bubbles up and remove as soon as it is all bubbled.Crackling burns very easily so don't take your eyes off it. - it takes only a couple of minutes.

Put the meat on a serving plate to rest, strain the cooking liquid, onions, herbs etc through a sieve and remove the layer of fat that rises to the top (keep for another use).Serve the liquid in a little jugso that diners can help themselves.

jaydan1, Mar 4, 8:19pm
That sounds very nice.would I have to lower the cooking time as its only 800grams!

wheelz, Mar 4, 8:23pm
Isn't 800 g quite a good size for pork belly!

jaydan1, Mar 4, 8:24pm
Just a little smaller than a kilo.

davidt4, Mar 4, 8:32pm
No.800g is quite a good size, and 140C is very low.