Cooked the yummiest dinner!

bella95, Mar 5, 9:42am
Saw a Welsh speciality called Glamorgan sausages being made on TV a few weeks ago and thought they sounded nice, finally got around to making them tonight. Really liked them, I'm not a vegetarian but don't mind meatless dinners and found these very satisfying. Even took some (bad) photos that I'll share if someone tells me how. Made a few adaptations to use what I had, I'll put them in brackets
Here's the recipe:
175-200g fresh white breadcrumbs (4 slices toast bread incl' crusts)
150 g Caerphilly cheese crumbled or grated (2/3 feta 1/3 grated tasty)half a leek or 6 spring onions, very finely chopped (used white of 1/2 leek)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
half tsp thyme, leaves only
black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp English mustard or Dijon mustard
2-3 tbsp milk (didn't need the mik)
45 g butter or 3 tbsp sunflower oil (used butter and oil)
Method;
(I did stage 2 first and just added the rest of the ingreds into the same bowl and mixed well with a fork - worked fine.)
1. Mix together 150g of the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the cheese, leek or spring onion, parsley, thyme and plenty of salt (glad I didn't use salt 'cos of the feta) and freshly ground pepper, blending well.
2. Beat the eggs with the mustard. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture and stir the remaining egg mixture into the breadcrumb mixture. If it seems a little dry add a touch of milk to help bind it together without making it sloppy. (Didn't need to add milk)
3. Divide the mixture into eight and shape each portion into a sausage about 2.5cm thick. Put the reserved egg and mustard mixture into a shallow bowl and spread the remaining breadcrumbs onto a plate. One by one dip the sausages into the egg mixture and coat in the crumbs. If you have time, chill the sausages in the fridge for at least half an hour to firm up. (chilled them - think they wouldn't have cooked as nicely otherwise)
4. To fry the sausage, heat the butter or oil (and) in the frying pan and fry the sausages briskly for about 5 minutes until brown, reduce the heat and fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
While they chilled I prepped the rest and put the spuds on.

elliehen, Mar 5, 9:49am
"Go to your My Trademe page, click on My photos, Upload a photo there, then click on View Photos. Find the photo you want and click it to enlarge it. Drag over or click the complete address line at the top of the page that starts http:// so it's highlighted, then right click while it's highlighted and choose Copy. Go to where you want to put the link to the photo, eg a thread here, then right click and choose paste."

Instructions courtesy of tzahrina :)

bella95, Mar 5, 9:51am
Thanks elliehen (and tzahrina) will have to try tomorrow, camera's just gone flat. lol

shop-a-holic, Mar 5, 9:58am
I love them, especially being a descendant from the area, and finally having cousins scattered the world over to share the recipes our gt grandparents grew up with.
Aside:Glamorgan bred lamb is a speciality in Wales and the brand is Glam Lamb!Quite cool!Glad you enjoyed the sausages.I'm about to try and adapt Rarebit (or Welsh Rabbit) and add more alcohol.Dunedin Cheese Roll filling Super Sized.

bella95, Mar 5, 10:03am
Glam lamb. Lol. shop-a-holic
Sorry I totally un-Welshed it with my substitutions (apart from the leek of course)
Please share your Rarebit recipe when you've adapted it.

pickles7, Mar 5, 6:37pm
bumping for the pic

bella95, Mar 6, 4:01am
AaaRgh. Have just spent ages trying to upload a photo - not the fault of your excellent explanation elliehen - too many sodding pixels and I don't know how to 'lessen' the quality. Can't take another picture 'cos I scarfed them. lol.
Anyone got any ideas as to what I should do to decrease the pixels! Ta.

zharacadz, Mar 6, 6:48am
There is a free download on the Internet fr a picture resizer, then it's just a matter of right clicking on the photo and clicking 'make smaller'

shop-a-holic, Mar 7, 8:01am
Yum.They are "bang on" and the most Glam Bangers ever!
*Drools*

bella95, Mar 7, 9:25am
Cheers shop-a-holic. That's high praise indeed.

antoniab, Mar 8, 6:24am
Yum they look delish! Will definitley give those a go and pass recipe on to my lil sis whos vegetarian