Sunbeam bakehouse compact help wanted

strange, Mar 12, 11:20pm
Does anyone own one and find the NZ supplement recipes are not right!
(flour to water ratio in particular)

I have tried using Alison Holst bread recipes in it and they are by far way too wet.

So any great recipes used in this machine would be much appreciated :-)

strange, Mar 13, 3:43am
c'mon someone must have this machine. is it operator error or is it just not that great!

lilyfield, Mar 13, 4:34am
once you have a bit of experience you will find that lots of recipes either need a bit of flouror water added.I watch the first mixing and kneading cycle to make sure the dough consistency is right.

strange, Mar 14, 2:09am
thats the thing. the dough consistency looked perfect. Slightly sticky. round ball. (I have had some experience)

Then when the dough cycle ended it was too sticky and had too add flour so the buns didn't end up as well as they should

nikita246, Mar 14, 2:16am
I own 2 breadmakers, use 1 everyday, the compact i cant be bothered with, have never had anything turn out in it, my other larger normal one, everything is perfect everytime, even tried using the recipes from the larger one and even then the bread and dough just doesnt turn out, think that is why everyone is selling them on t/m, brought mine on trade me and its going back up for sale, i cant use it, and i am using a breadmaker everyday , so i cant help, i will post my recipe for dough if you would like, for me it turns out everytime in the larger breadmaker.