Re a sunbeam waffle maker

sunnyflower, May 27, 1:39am
I bought one of these second hand with no manual, tried to make crispy waffles and it stuck like **** to a blanket, does anyone know how to use this machine without the waffles sticking like mad? many thanks

robyn35, May 27, 2:09am
brush butter onto the plates before each waffle goes on and to make them crispy just cook them longer.

rj5, May 27, 7:34am
I use the baking spray oil, its great and easy

wron, May 27, 9:50am
I just brush the top and bottom lightly with melted butter or oil between each one - takes a couple of seconds, have never made crispy ones though - I guess you just cook them longer. I pile on fresh berries and cream, or frozen berries cooked up, or both.

greerg, May 27, 11:36pm
I have always put in them in a moderate oven as I cook them in order to crisp them as trying to cook them long enough in a waffle maker would have them very over cooked. The crisp waffle cones are made on a much flatter machine than the normal domestic waffle makers.

subo, May 28, 12:13am
Try this link to sunbeam recipes. Hope it works for you. http://www.sunbeam.co.nz/pages/recipes/Default. aspx#s=keywor
d%7Cwaffle%2C

nauru, May 29, 4:03am
I've had a Sunbeam machine for many years, I spray both plates with oil and then put on to heat. It works perfectly and they cook up crisp too.

auntlb, May 29, 5:18am
The other thing I have found that works well is to leave them a wee bit longer - I tried to open the lid a tad early and they stuck but when I left it a bit longer the waffles came out nice and easy. To make them extra crispy we cook them in the waffle pan then put them on a rack until cool - then return them to a hot waffle pan to reheat - then top with icecream and chocolate or caramel sauce

willyow, Jun 17, 3:52am
Plenty of oil/butter in the recipe helps stop the sticking. Here's ours:-

Best Waffles Ever

* 1 and 3/4 cups flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 Tablespoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 beaten egg yolks
* 1 and 3/4 cups milk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3 egg whites - beaten stiffly
* teaspoon vanilla extract (ours is fab - see Trademe Listings)

Mix all dry ingredients. Combine yolks and milk. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in oil and vanilla extract and mix. Gently fold in beaten egg whites, do not over mix.

Pour about 1/2 cup at a time into waffle iron.