NZ Masterchef 2013

Page 2 / 11
twindizzy, Feb 10, 5:31am
!
Chefs deserve their title.

They are not some home cook who can throw a few things together well. Oh and use packet sauces, purchased bread etc.

gingercrush, Feb 10, 5:33am
I like it but the first few episodes aren't as good as they get down to the final 10 or 12 or whatever number it will be.

rainrain1, Feb 10, 5:37am
They'll just have to suck it up then won't they, after all they had to start somewhere also

duckmoon, Feb 10, 5:40am
*snort*

lodgelocum, Feb 10, 6:17am
I am looking forward to it starting tonight, does take a few weeks to get into it though and the top 24 or whatever number to be sorted, then the real event starts.Bring it on.

strebor1, Feb 10, 8:17am
I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking foward to a much higher standard than other year, especially year one!

gingercrush, Feb 10, 8:33am
Ugh so one lady could not cook duck properly and made burnt chips but got a second chance where she had liquid in her omelette o.o seriously

I love how they want to see sophisticated and clean looking cooking and yet people constantly get in despite that. The judges are never consistent and it bugs me.

nfh1, Feb 10, 8:40am
I recorded it - should I watch it!

gingercrush, Feb 10, 8:41am
Yeah I would but you can fast forward through the fluff which unfortunately there is a lot of.

nfh1, Feb 10, 8:45am
Cheers gingercrush, I record everything so ads and fluff disappear!I will give it a whirl.

strebor1, Feb 10, 8:56am
Yes but they have to have someone to toss out on the first elimination! They can't kick out the good stuff. I thought tonight's standard was better than the final in the first season.

wendalls, Feb 10, 9:11am
I had a cry along with the lady from south auckland who made her mums pineapple cake. but agree that the liquid omelette chick shouldnt have gotten in.

strebor1, Feb 10, 9:15am
She will probably be a goneburger fairly soon, trouble is they only had 2 left to choose from.

duckmoon, Feb 10, 9:33am
But I spent the last series thinking that about Chelsea

rainrain1, Feb 10, 5:37pm
Good morning sarahb5,would love to know what was written on the back of your cereal packet lol

bedazzledjewels, Feb 10, 6:57pm
Exactly Duckmoon. This looks like the eye candy for Simon, maybe! She sure can't cook!
Some interesting people in there. Would love to have tasted the venison from the Southern Man. What a character.
And I loved the Pineapple cake lady. Hope she's tough enough for all the stupid stuff that doesn't involve cooking. in this show.

rainrain1, Feb 10, 7:17pm
I made Chelsea's fish pie once, exactly to her recipe, and it was the most ghastly tasting fish pie I have ever eaten,

bedazzledjewels, Feb 10, 7:26pm

strebor1, Feb 10, 8:45pm
Yes, I have to agree there. Here's hoping someone talented and not so good looking wins this time, it will then restore our faith in fairness.

strebor1, Feb 10, 8:50pm
At least most of the food was better than what we see in "Come Dine With Me". I love watching that programme, one of the reasons being it is mainly so seriously awful food!

davidt4, Feb 11, 1:35am
The chap from Raglan who made the apple tart dessert accomplished a lot in his hour.He's my pick of the bunch so far.

twindizzy, Feb 11, 1:37am
Thai meal looked the goods too davidt4 !

strebor1, Feb 11, 2:05am
Yes I agree, and it is time for a male to win again, also!

spike_01, Feb 11, 3:21am
I enjoy watching it.

iman007, Feb 11, 3:24am
cooking shows. im over them, no more please!