ADVANCE PREP FAMILY MEALS TO REHEAT FOR FRIEND

pom-pom, Jan 27, 7:31am
Hi,
Help with meal ideas for a friend whose husband is undergoing chemo. She is at hosp at a lot, trying to work and has two girls (teen and 11 year old). Family coming back late from pm hospital visits and I'd like to do a few meals they can simply reheat. Have done casseroles and lasagne and can always do spag bol, chilli etc but would like to steer away from mince dishes. If you have ideas for meals I can prep in advance which are tasty, filling and healthy, please post them below. Thanks

jennyfenny1, Jan 27, 8:01am
chicken and/or vege lasagne, spinach and ricotta canelloni, soups. although I guess these maybe aren't ideal summer meals!
homemade fish cakes are great and you can make them really healthy. I often freeze a batch of uncooked fish cakes made of steamed and mashed kumara, softened onion, canned salmon, an egg, chopped parsley and plenty of seasoning and some worchester sauce. coat in breadcrumbs and freeze on lined tray, before transferring into snap-lock bags. these make a quick dinner, just bake in oven and throw together a salad or some sort of vege (coleslaw also goes well)

twindizzy, Jan 27, 7:28pm
-Roast with all the trimmings, bit of gravy so it doesnt dry out re-heating.
-Beef strogg.
-Carbonara/Alfredo with red onion, bacon, thyme.
-Ratatouille
-Marinated chicken drumsticks/nibbles with a fresh salad dropped off

duckmoon, Jan 27, 7:35pm
When I drop a meal, I usually make a dish with the carbs and vege in the dish or already prepped and on the side

mumstu, Jan 27, 8:36pm
What about just a couple of cooked chickens! easily re-heated and add a bag of bread rolls or garlic bread and coleslaw! or nice homemade pizzas! put lots of good things on like (spinach,tomatoes etc and make it a complete meal!

pom-pom, Jan 28, 6:35am
Thanks for these. Please keep them coming. I like the fishcakes idea. I thought I might do soem really nice stuffed jackets (bacon, cheese tomato etc etc) with salad too as the spuds can be heated through quickly if I've pre-done them in the oven. If anyone has any other suggestions, particularly of things they take to friends in need, that'd be great.

pinky10, Jan 28, 8:01am
A quiche could be nice for a lunch or light dinner.

rainrain1, Jan 28, 6:19pm
meat, gravy, and 3 veg

dazarae, Jan 28, 7:49pm
what about a nice big bacon and egg pie - you could drop it off with salad.that would be nice.