Sunbeam Vacuum Packer bags

seaspray1, Jan 15, 6:15am
Sunbeam put a lot of effort into telling customers that "only their bags" will work in the vacuum packer.Is this so!The joys of living in small town New Zealand means that the only supplier in town does not have any at the moment.They do have the Award ones though.Anyone know if they will work in my Sunbeam!Trade Me have some generic ones that they say will work in a Sunbeam but I don't really want to spend the money on something that won't work.

lythande1, Jan 15, 6:19pm
Vacuum packer.don't know what theirs is, but we always used a hose and any plastic bags.

lilyfield, Jan 15, 6:49pm
take a snaplock bag, close it, suck out the air at one corner with a straw and clickly close the last bit. perfect- cheap

dezzie, Jan 15, 8:36pm
The original ones, that LV Martin sold many moons ago had a TV advert showing you could use any plastic type bag, the advert showed them resealing potato chips and bags of peas, I think all this "our bags only" stuff is a load of bunk, try it with a normal bag and see what happens, its not going to blow it up.

seaspray1, Jan 15, 10:59pm
Ordinary bags seal just fine but do not vacuum.Still wondering if other brands vacuum bags will work.

unicstudent, Jan 16, 1:06am
Why not contact Sunbeam directly as ask them straight out - "what will happen (or not happen) if I use other bags!" Here is a link to their contact us page: http://www.sunbeam.co.nz/support/contact-customer-service
Or else their 0800 number is: 0800 786 232 (0800 SUNBEAM)
I had a problem with a soda stream recently that had bugged me for ages. My son found their 0800 number and had problem solved quickly. They may not shed much light but it might be worth a try! Good luck :)

thewomble1, Jan 16, 6:25am
Listing #: 552965142 is a damn good source of bags. I purchased 4 rolls from him at about half the Sunbeam price. Will buy again from him. No I don't know him personally only through a great trade.
As long as the bag has a 'dimple like' surface on one side they will work. If smooth plastic on both sides the machine can not suck the air out. I no longer use Sunbeam bags and have had no problems.

seaspray1, Jan 16, 6:41am
Thank you thank you thank you - that is exactly the response I've been waiting for.

coldnose, Jan 16, 8:00am
Listing #: 551462499

These are good as well

thewomble1, Jan 16, 9:34am
Pleased to be able to help.
I went mad and purchased the Sunbeam vacuum bag holder and the $29.95 knocked them down to $25 well worth it. Roll fits inside.pull out the what you need and slide the cutter across and nice straight cut etc. Also keeps the roll tidy etc.
Listing #: 552726374 asking too much as Sunbeam lists the cost as $29.95.

nauru, Jan 17, 10:07pm
I have had an LV Martin one for years and use all kinds of bags etc. in it with good results.

joey2221, Jan 18, 5:37am
we use just plastic bags works fine in ours