Christmas dinner and nibble ideas

caitlin, Dec 20, 8:26am
So, i'm going home, and my mum has had a very stressful year.I said don't worry, i want you to sit back and relax - I'll do all the cooking . GAAAH! now i'm freaking out! what should i cook! we like a very relaxed, salady focus. Usually have a ham, but focus on the 'others'. Love the idea of croissants with bacon and brie to keep us going but what on earth should i cook for our main . my only idea at the mo is fresh bread, and bacon, banana,avo and spinach salad!

rayoz, Dec 21, 12:54am
what do you enjoy eating! Christmas does not have to be stressful so relax, just think about keeping it simple but delicious and enjoy :)

kateley, Dec 21, 12:55am
I always roast a chicken on Christmas Eve, so we can have cold chicken and salad for our Christmas meal and don't have to have the oven on (helps keep the room and the tempers a bit cooler)

uli, Dec 21, 12:59am
Green salad and smoked salmon with some sauce of your choice (I would use a mayo based one)

or your ham with salads

or cooked chicken (or smoked chicken) with salad

You need nothing "to keep you going" as you won't starve anyway LOL :)

mackenzie2, Dec 21, 1:28am
Can you get a whole salmon! Stuff it with lemon/mint/salt/pepper, then cook it for about 15 mins (oven and fish size dependent) in as hot as your oven will go, then either serve it warm or cold, make a dill aoli or use best foods majo with dill and lemon juice, 3-4 salads and you have a perfect & easy meal.

caitlin, Dec 23, 2:38am
love the salmon idea, and chicken sounds the way to go too! thanks!