How to make pinwheel sandwich

free-h-oldies, Dec 3, 2:21am
what bread do you use and what fillings do you put on, I have tried many times but end up making one big mess

kinna54, Dec 3, 4:51am
I have posted this on here before but can't remember how far back.anyway basically this is it:
butter thin -medium sliced bread and cut the crusts off. (you can use white, or wheatmeal.)
lay out 2-3 slices (depending upon the size of the bread and how large you want the pinwheel, I normally use 2 slices) vericallyin a row, with the edges of the bottom slice overlapping the top slice. (hope you can understand what I mean.) You can roll lightly with a rolling pin if desired to help set the edges together.
then place the fillings vertically along the bread in strips. roll up from the bottom to form a sausage like roll, then trim the edges at each end for neatness, then cut the sausage shape into portions (approx 3 per roll, once again this depends upon size required.)
Filling suggestions: Use colourful fillings such as cream cheese/chicken chopped apricot; finely shredded chicken, brie and cranberry; finely mashed egg and chives; chopped tomato; frilly lettuce, mayo shaved ham; cheese and pineapple mix,; finely grated carrot with mayo; laying in the strips as said.
enjoy!

PS electric knife will give you a better cut for these.

rainrain1, Dec 3, 4:55am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=Mk1IFDR2A6I

She's a bit slow though !
And her ingredients is so not kiwi
In fact she's as slow as a wet week
Wonder did she lick the bit off her finger

kinna54, Dec 3, 5:01am
oops getting my verticals and horizontals mixed up! the filling strips go in rows across the bread, eg. one stripe of egg, then another row moving up or down in rows until bread slice is covered in assorted fillings, leaving a bit of a gap between rows for rolling.
ps:yep rain rain she is slow. a bit like my typing today lol.and OP if you go to the bakery dept in the supermarket you can get them to slice the bread to your required thickness, altho I just use the nature's fresh brand, I find it is a good shape.

carlosjackal, Dec 3, 10:23pm
I normally use white sanwich bread - cut the crusts off, and flatten the bread with a rolling pin. The filling I mostly use for pinwheel sandwiches is salmon, Philidelphia cream cheese,and fresh dill.

free-h-oldies, Dec 5, 7:46am
Thanks kinnaI did it and they turned out great, also carlos that filling sounds yum.many thanks