What is your favourite light meals?

ana-marie, Nov 18, 7:16am
We are turning a new eating leaf and not having stodgy dinners anymore. Tomorrow I am making Chinese meatball and green vege broth but stumped for the rest of the week! Would love some ideas please

carlosjackal, Nov 18, 7:52am
This can be eaten either as a light or substantial meal. We love it so much, and because it is so incredibly quick and easy to prepare (and healthy too!) we usually have this for our evening meal atleast once (and sometimes twice) a week.

Annabel Langbein’s
ONE-PAN CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH CHILLI PEANUT SAUCE

400g-500g fresh 'dense' mixed vegetables, e.g. broccoli, carrots, courgettes and peppers, chopped

2 tbsp oil
1 tsp each of crushed garlic and minced fresh ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2-3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
½ cup water
250g boneless chicken, thinly sliced
1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
Optional: 2 cups 'light' vegetables e.g. snow-peas, baby spinach, bean sprouts
2 tbsp chopped coriander
To serve: 2 cups cooked rice or noodles

Place the 'dense' vegetables in a microwave bowl with 2 tbsp water; and cook for 3 minutes (or nearly tender).

Heat the oil in a large wok or fry pan. Add the garlic and ginger and sizzle for a few seconds.

Add the fish sauce, water and chilli sauce. Bring to a simmer. Mix in the sliced chicken, cover and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.

Add the peanut butter, stirring until dissolved. Mix in the cooked vegetables, any 'light' vegetables plus the coriander or mint, and bring back to a simmer.

Serve immediately over rice or noodles.

cappucino1, Nov 18, 7:56am
Tacos, tortillas etc.Fill them with fresh veg and your choice of meat- chicken, lamb or beef patties etc.Quick, easy, light and everyone can make their own.

nunesy, Nov 18, 8:28am
1. Put a bed of baby spinach leaves on the plate, stirfry chicken in whatever oil you like, pour over any version of peanut satay sauce - this is surprisingly filling, tastes surprisingly great and is very fast.I used a packet mix (from an Indian shop, it's a powder and you just add water and coconut milk).

toadfish, Nov 18, 9:08am
Invest in some large salad Bowls.

Toss in some mesclun salad mix, then all sorts of salad veg in chunks.
Cucumber, tomatoes, spring or red onions finely chopped, capsicums, radishs, sun dried tomatoes, celery, gerkhins, pickled onions. what ever you like and have on hand.The top with smoked chicken breast and your favourite dressing.We like it much more in a large bowl than a plate.

I tend to buy 1 smoked chicken and we have the breasts on a salad as above the the rest the next day inpaninis or home made pizza.

toadfish, Nov 18, 9:08am
Invest in some large salad Bowls.

Toss in some mesclun salad mix, then all sorts of salad veg in chunks.
Cucumber, tomatoes, spring or red onions finely chopped, capsicums, radishs, sun dried tomatoes, celery, gerkhins, pickled onions. what ever you like and have on hand.Then top with sliced smoked chicken breast, a little feta & maybe even a boiled egg and your favourite dressing.We like it much more in a large bowl than a plate.

I tend to buy 1 smoked chicken and we have the breasts on a salad as above the the rest the next day inpaninis or home made pizza.

ruby19, Nov 18, 7:06pm
The family have been eating ceasarsalads a lot lately, this is another fav

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/420624/grilled-aubergines-with-spicy-chickpeas-and-walnut
I don't use the walnuts, and use fresh coriander and mint in the dish. Could serve with a garlic flat bread.