Butter cookie using Sweetend condensed milk

darlingmole, Nov 5, 7:19pm
does anyone have this recipe please!It was on tv recently . thanks

bindi21, Nov 5, 9:47pm
500g butter (Soften)
tin of condensed milk
1 cup of sugar
5 cup's of self raising flour

I cream the 1st 3 ingredient's then add the flour, then it's all up to your imagination my girl loves the sprinkle biscuits (I mixed in some instant pudding flavour into this batch)

I alway's bang it into the oven at 180 degree's

Makes heaps of biscuit's.

griffo4, Nov 5, 10:07pm
Here is Annabelle's recipe with a couple of my ideas as well
Butter Cookies Annabel Langbein
Prep time 20 mins + chilling
Cook time 20 mins
Makes about 7 dozen
500g butter
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp sweetened condensed milk, (l used 1/2 a tin)
a few drops of vanilla extract
4½ cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
flavourings of your choice (see below)
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 3 or 4 oven trays with baking paper.
Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, then stir in the flour and baking powder. The raw dough can be made ahead to this stage and frozen until needed. Defrost before baking.
To make Cookie Sampler, divide dough into 7 portions. Mix flavourings (see below) into each portion. If not making all 7 variations, divide dough according to the number of variations you are making and increase the flavourings to match. Taste a little raw dough as you go and adjust the flavourings to suit.
Chill mixture for 15 minutes. Roll into walnut-sized balls, place on baking trays and flatten slightly. Decorate according to instructions for different flavourings. Bake until lightly golden and set (about 20 minutes).
Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the tray then transfer to a rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container or jar. They will keep for several weeks – if they become a little stale simply refresh for 5 minutes in an oven preheated to 180ºC.
Cookie Sampler
Once you’ve made a batch of Butter Cookie dough, divide it into seven and mix a different flavouring into each portion (you’ll get about 12 cookies in each flavour). If you don’t want to make all seven, adjust the flavourings by the appropriate ratio. Cook according to instructions for Butter Cookies.
Lavender Cookies
Mix 3 tsp lavender petals into 1 portion of the dough. Decorate by pressing the tines of a fork into the cookies in a spoke pattern. Brush with water and sprinkle with Lavender Sugar made by whizzing 1 cup sugar and 2 tbsp lavender petals in a food processor.
Hazelnut and Chocolate Cookies
Add 3 tsp dark cocoa, 3 tbsp chopped dark chocolate and 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts to 1 portion of dough. Decorate with melted chocolate and ½ tsp toasted chopped hazelnuts.
Raisin and Cornflake Crisps
Add 3 tbsp raisins and 6 tbsp lightly crushed cornflakes to 1 portion of the cookie dough.
Carnival Cookies
Roll 1 portion of dough into balls, dip each ball into hundreds and thousands then flatten onto tray.
Almond Biscuits
Add ½ tsp almond extract to 1 portion of the cookie dough. Decorate by pressing a blanched almond into the top of each cookie.
Ginger Crisps
Add 1 tsp ground ginger and 2 tbsp chopped crystallised ginger to 1 portion of the dough.
Cranberry Cookies
Add ¼ cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries and ¼ cup coarsely chopped white chocolate to 1 portion of the cookie dough (l add pistachios to this as well).

darlingmole, Nov 5, 11:32pm
Brilliant~!thankyou both so much

nicky4010, Nov 5, 11:57pm
thanx kids will love it!