Liquorice ice cream

glynsmum, Oct 24, 2:42am
Anyone have a receipe please have ice cream maker.

wildflower, Oct 24, 3:08am
I have a non ice cream maker one but might help.You soak soft black eating licorice in boiling water first.My recipe is the cream/Highlander one and you blend the softened licorice and water and mix into the rest but that of course would be different for an ice cream maker.I've never used one of those.

glynsmum, Oct 24, 3:13am
Thanks wildflower if all else fails I'll give that one a go.

poppy62, Oct 24, 3:41am
I was interested in this too and I found one when I did a search:
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
10 (1-inch-long) soft black licorice candies
2 tablespoons Pernod liqueur
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS
Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a large bowl. In a nonaluminum saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, and licorice and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently so the licorice melts. (If the licorice resists melting, purée it with some hot milk.)
Beat a little of the hot milk mixture into the eggs and then, in a steady stream, slowly whisk in the rest of the hot milk. Return the mixture to a pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens visibly and registers 165°F on a candy thermometer. Do not boil.
Remove from the heat and stir in the Pernod liqueur and vanilla extract. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, discarding any solids. Cool, then chill in the refrigerator. Freeze as directed in an ice cream maker.

geldof, Oct 24, 6:00am
It's REALLY nice with a bit of ouzo or sambuca in it.
Helps keep it a little softer too.

poppy62, Oct 24, 9:03am
Yes - id definitely replace the Pernod with Ouzo! Yum yum yum!

jessie981, Oct 24, 9:14am
sambucafor me.

glynsmum, Oct 24, 8:04pm
Thanks poppy have copied wanted to make something different for Christmas.
Do they sell Pernot in this country I thought it was banned!

geldof, Oct 24, 8:27pm
Pernod is readily available.
absynthe is maybe the one you are thinking of!

glynsmum, Oct 25, 8:10pm
Oh yes thanks are they both anasidey !annaside gosh I can't spell!

guest, Jan 11, 12:08pm
I serheacd a bunch of sites and this was the best.

guest, Jan 13, 2:24pm
I have been away from the computer for so long, I just spent some time going thguorh all your entries I have missed and I just wanted to say how much I love looking at all your photos. They are so beautiful!

guest, Jan 14, 10:15am
Fantastic blog! Do you have any helpful hints for anpirisg writers? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused .. Any suggestions? Thank you!