Chefmate Ice Cream Machine - Need some recipes

lafemme, Oct 20, 3:50am
I recently bought one of these machines but the users guide only has about 4 recipes for ice-cream and 4 for sorbets and the instructions for making them are dreadful. Does anyone have a lemon or grapefruit sorbet recipe that you make in these machines! Also some unusual ice cream recipes - like beetroot, pumpkin or zucchini! Thanks.

antoniab, Oct 20, 4:56am
We made fennel icecream the other day - it uses 12 egg yolks though so unless you have chickens (we do) it can be quite expensive

lafemme, Oct 21, 12:39am
Thanks, but 12 egg yolks - you're right - no fennel ice cream for us.

buzzy110, Oct 21, 12:56am
I buy trays of 30 free range eggs for $6-10. Twelve eggs does not seem expensive to me. Also, the whites can be used to make omelettes and other things, so that works out even more economical.

antoniab, Oct 21, 2:47am
Oh yeah totally - I didnt mean to throw the whites away - Im much too much of a tight arse to do that! lol plus cant stand wasting food!

vampiriousmist, Oct 22, 10:16pm
Use the yolks for ice cream , and whites for a pav or macaroon cookies or meringues :P

kitchenqueens, Oct 22, 11:40pm
Nigella Lawson has a heap of ice-cream recipes that can all need an ice-cream maker - check out her website, or her book Forever Summer has an absolutely delicious selection (just be careful that the quantity of mixture is not bigger than your machine can handle and scale accordingly).There's a fabulous Margarita one.