Things to do with yoghurt?

justiyah, Oct 10, 8:21pm
I find a recipe for unswettened yoghurt then teend to leave the rest of the pottle. What can i make so it doesnt go to waste please!

cgvl, Oct 10, 8:24pm
use it in scones or piklets instead of buttermilk. I have used it in soda bread as well. Curries, mayo's I have one that goes great with apple, celery and walnuts.

justiyah, Oct 10, 8:27pm
Sounds good. Have you got any curry recipes!

daisyhill, Oct 10, 9:24pm
Yes, curries, and naan bread to go with them! Here is a breadmaker recipe for naan dough but you could make it by hand if you wanted using usual yeast dough methods.I double this recipe for our breadmaker so it uses quite a lot of yoghurt.

BREADMAKER NAAN BREAD (requires a breadmaker with a Dough setting)

300g strong white flour
1 teaspoon Edmonds Breadmaker Yeast
5 tablespoons natural yoghurt
125ml milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt

Put all the wet ingredients into a breadmaker. Add the dry ingredients (keeping the yeast away from the salt) and start the breadmaker on the Dough setting.

When the dough has been made, separate it into four balls and roll them out as thinly as possible (which is not very thin with this springy dough) and sprinkle with nigella or poppy seeds if desired. Put a dry (unoiled) heavy cast iron frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Put the rolled out naan dough into the frying pan and cook for 30 seconds. Move it a little to ensure it does not stick, and cook for a further 1 minute.
Flip the bread over and cook for a further 1 minute or until cooked through.
If serving immediately, brush with melted butter.
If serving later, leave them dry and butter them after re-heating when ready to serve.

sarahb5, Oct 10, 9:34pm
I'd just eat it

lilyfield, Oct 10, 9:43pm
I love it as salad dressing, but usually there is nothing left over

245sam, Oct 10, 10:26pm
justiyah, have a look at:-

http://www.easiyo.com/recipes.html

You'll find that there are lots of uses for yoghurt - all those above + muffins ( I always use yoghurt in preference to milk or anything else), cakes and loaves, yoghurt cheese, desserts, and more.

Hope that helps.:-))

cookessentials, Oct 10, 10:59pm
Make saffron yoghurt.it's delicious

vmax2, Oct 10, 11:24pm
I make about 10L of yoghurt a week for our family of 5.We eat it with berries, tin crushed pineapple, dessicated coconut, raisins, nuts and seeds.

buzzy110, Oct 11, 1:30am
Yes. Eat it. Yoghurt unsweetened natural yoghurt is rich in probiotics and after a while you will learn to love the taste, as I do. Like vmax I make my own yoghurt - 3 litres at a time, from cream rich unpasteurised milk, and it is an all time favourite food in our house. We add in a handful of toasted coconut threads.

It goes nice in dairy based smoothies too.

lindylambchops1, Oct 11, 1:38am
I love my Easiyo Yogurt Maker.Made Strawberry yogurt this morning & a strawberry jelly!

kinna54, Oct 11, 2:09am
Use in muffins, scones, curries or sauces, add some honey and pour over desserts (yummy with carrot or hummingbird cake) In cheesecakes.

mwood, Oct 11, 2:19am
EsiYo Greek ‘n Coconut Style Yogurt

my current favourite whisk a tablespoon with 2 eggs for a gourmet scrambled egg breakfast (salt,pepper,chopped parsley)

racheee, Oct 11, 3:57am
You can make pizza base with it - 1 cup of yoghurt to 2 cups SR flour and a bit of salt.Easy peasy!

holly-rocks, Oct 11, 5:57am
Ive just discovered this yoghurt! Its delicious! made a butter chicken tonight and added some in at the end :)

cgvl, Oct 11, 6:43am
sorry I just came back on, that curry recipes I use it in are spice easy ones (buy from supermarket as a type of pre mix) or one I make. both are made from scratch. The spice easy ones are great because you get all the powdered mix then add and make from the recipe on back eg Lamb Korma.
The other one is a red paste type. I don't have it handy at present but has cloves, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, tomaoto paste and lots of other ingredients.

macwood2, Oct 11, 7:05am
cookessentials - do you mind explaining the saffron yoghurt ps

mwood, Oct 11, 7:08am
yes it seriously takes yoghurt to another dimension