What can I use to put a punch

suka, Oct 14, 4:38am
into! Helping a friend with her wedding.

suie1, Oct 14, 4:39am
It is usually served in a big bowl with a ladle

suka, Oct 14, 4:43am
Hmmm, I dont have any big bowls.

buzzy110, Oct 14, 4:43am
Maybe you could hire a punch bowl with a proper serving ladle. It will look a lot nicer than a big bucket.

macandrosie, Oct 14, 5:12am
This is a recipe my sister-in-law gave me, we use it at Christmeas time.
Ruth’s Hawaiian Fruit Punch
1 tin fruit salad
3 ripe bananas
10 mint leaves
Process these 3 ingredients in a blender adding enough orange juice to make 2 litres of fruit pulp.
Pour into an ice cream container & freeze.
On the day you need it, take out & place in a punch bowl, leaving to thaw. Pour over top more orange juice, lemonade &/or ginger ale.

rainrain1, Oct 14, 5:35am
hee hee so it would

cookessentials, Oct 14, 6:43am
Buy a punch bowl and ladle. There are some beautiful glass ones complete with proper punch cups, bowl and ladle.

suka, Oct 14, 6:51am
From!

suka, Oct 14, 7:05am
Thanks, I have asked a question. Would need about 6 or so of these as catering fro 100 ppl.

dezzie, Oct 14, 7:19am
A lot of people don't drink it, we generally kept the punch as non alcoholic for the kids and drivers, and just made heaps up and put it into like 3 litre juice bottles for topping up purposes.

duckmoon, Oct 14, 7:43am
I make my punch in a bucket.
And I have a large bowl - if it is a one off, then see if you can get a bowl about ten litres from a $2-type shop.

Serve with a soup ladle

duckmoon, Oct 14, 7:51am
Or hire one from the hire centre

cookessentials, Oct 14, 8:01am
http://destinationhome.co.nz/brands/artlandask them when the new punch bowl and glass set is due and where you can purchase. The Artland one they had last year was nice, however, there is a new style which was due any time which I think was prettier.

cookessentials, Oct 14, 8:03am
This is the simplicity one, but there is a newer one now which is lovely.

http://www.thedrhcollection.com/simplicity-punch-bowl-set/

wheelz, Oct 14, 8:11am
If it was me. I'd hire one. It's not an item one uses often, unles you do a lot of hosting of parties and are big punch drinkers.

ngacooky, Oct 14, 8:17am
make it up and keep it in a 20 ltr bucket and just refill the bowl when needed.im sure i have seen the punch bowl sets in k mart

angel404, Oct 14, 8:31am
Bummer you dont live closer! Ive got a glass punch bowl id give you for free!

olwen, Oct 14, 9:17am
Nicer than a bucket would be a large stainless steel mixing bowl.You could ask round your friends to see what big ones they have.You could also visit the local opshops to see what they have.

olwen, Oct 14, 9:25am
Search on here, there are some for sale in ChCh

cookessentials, Oct 14, 8:28pm
The other item you can purchase is the glass stackable drink dispenser with a tap. They hold about 4.8 litres. You can use them for any type of drink from punch, pink lemonade to ice water.

camper18, Oct 14, 8:39pm
Most bottlestores will hire out punch bowls for a nominal fee

cookessentials, Oct 14, 8:40pm

duckmoon, Oct 14, 9:33pm
also, punch doesnt need to be served from a punch bowl

I have three 2.5 litre jugs, and I put on my drinks table, and I use to serve punch for a crowd.