Please your best roast vegetable salad

koreth, Oct 3, 5:30am
recipe would be greatly appreciated.And is it ok to serve cold!

sarahb5, Oct 3, 5:36am
Mine is very hit and miss - just dice a roasting dish full of vegetables (potato, kumara, red onion, capsicum, carrot, egg plant, sundried tomato - whatever you like really), add some garlic, good olive oil, seasoning (I like to use a mix of thyme, rosemary and store bought Tuscan) and a splash of balsamic vinegar.Roast until they're cooked and eat hot or cold - especially nice with feta added when slightly warm.

ngacooky, Oct 3, 6:58am
steam large diced veges, then deep fry until they have a nice colour - or just roast in the oven -toss in balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar and sprinkle garlic and herb seasoning over top

gardie, Oct 3, 7:07am
roast veggies that have been cut to about1 1/2 inch square.Make up soem couscous by soaking in stock.Gently fry an onion in some butter with a tsp curry powder.Stir through about a cup of good mayonaise then combine the couscous, dressing and veggies and plate up.Looks and tastes delicious.

carlosjackal, Oct 3, 8:44am
This is as lovely eaten as a salad as it is eaten with pan-fried or roasted meat because of the Balsamic Vinegar. Use the usual root vegetables plus garlic cloves – sliced or left whole (sometimes I add red capsicum too)

Glaze:
Olive Oil- approx. ½cup (I use extra light Lupi Olive Oil) It’ll seem a lot but don’t worry!
Crushed garlic – according to taste (I use quite a bit! - and I crush the garlic with salt)
Red Currant Jelly – about 4 heaped tablespoons
Balsamic Vinegar – about ¼ - ½cup
Fresh Rosemary

Heat Olive Oil in saucepan, remove from heat and add crushed garlic and Rosemary
Add Red Currant Jelly, return to heat and “liquefy”
Add Balsamic vinegar and gently simmer

Vegetables:

Sprinkle prepared vegetables liberally with:MasterfoodsROAST VEGETABLE SPRINKLE and fresh Rosemary and toss
Pour glaze mixture over vegetables and toss. Lay a couple of sprigs of fresh Rosemary on top and Roast in oven in the usual way and use GRILL mode for approx. last 20 minutes of cooking time.

koreth, Oct 3, 9:07am
Thank you all for your help

raks071, Oct 3, 9:14am
This. I love roasted vegies with feta and balsamic.

bridget107, Oct 3, 9:24am