Recipe wanted!

cas41, Sep 5, 8:55pm
did anyone watch a program the other day, about chinese cooking!the lady cooked a chicken dish and a prawns dish, it was a quick meal and looked very easy.I thought I could remember what was in it butnoooo,cant find it on demand!please help

elsielaurie1, Sep 5, 9:04pm
Search google

245sam, Sep 5, 9:23pm
cas41, what programme (name!), which channel!:-))

cas41, Sep 5, 10:08pm
I think it was called chinese in 15 minutes!

cas41, Sep 5, 10:08pm
Think it was channelone.

245sam, Sep 5, 10:11pm
Recipes here maybe!
http://www.channel5.com/shows/chinese-food-in-minutes

oops, maybe not, if you were watching TV 1.What time of day/night.:-))

cas41, Sep 5, 10:22pm
think it was in the afternoon on the weekend.

cas41, Sep 5, 10:24pm
Thats the lady that was cooking, will and try and find it now.

cas41, Sep 5, 10:28pm
buggar, found the one, but they said its not on demand, so cant watch it,grrrrrrr.much thanks for your help though.

gerry64, Sep 5, 10:57pm
Was it Ching He Huang - I have her book and a lot of her recipes are on you tube - but if you know which dish it was could copy it for you out of her book

valentino, Sep 5, 10:58pm

cas41, Sep 6, 12:51am
thanks all, found it on that channel 5 website, it was called" 3 cup chicken", and the other one was" sweet and sour prawns"its looks so easy, have made my shopping list so am guna give it a go.

maynard9, Sep 6, 1:13am
It never ceases to amaze me how unhelpful posters can be at times.

This is after all a Recipe forum".The likelihood that someone else was watching it was pretty high surely.

The poster had already stated she had tried On Demand

Thankfully the majority of posters are friendly and helpful.

valentino, Sep 6, 2:15am
Agreed with your comments maynard9, to me it is a team effort and anyone is part of that team.

OP was looking for something, narrow it down when the right clues comes up then further investigated and we have access to another very nice set of recipes.

To me, Great Stuff!

Editing to add, cas41, please let us know how it all turns out.
Cheers

valentino, Sep 6, 2:58am
Hmmm, had a further perusal of her recipes, noted one there with chilli Bamboo Shoots.

Recently did a dish with baby Bamboo Shoots, purchased as dried then soaked for an hour or two then ready to use in the cooking of this dish.

Just prior to adding in the cooking process, I sampled a little and was quite surprised how nice it is.
When the dish was served, these bamboo shoots really complimented the overall meal.

What I'm saying is, don't be put off with using various ingredients as such.

Just hopes this will help someone.

Cheers.

stevy1000, Sep 7, 11:55pm
Hi cas41, I think the program you are talking about is,( Chinese food in minutes.)

stevy1000, Sep 8, 12:49am
Just done some checking cas, the program is on Sunday at 12.30.
And if you google uk tv on demand you might find what you are looking for, good luck.

245sam, Sep 8, 12:56am
stevy1000, cas41 has already found the recipes she was wanting.:-))

griffo4, Sep 8, 1:10am
Cas would you be kind enough to post the recipes or link please

245sam, Sep 8, 1:21am
griffo4, the recipes can be found on the link I posted at#6

The specific link for the prawn dish is as posted by valentino at #11 and here is the specific link for the chicken dish:

http://www.channel5.com/shows/chinese-food-in-minutes/recipes/three-cup-chicken

valentino, Sep 8, 2:58am
If one ever tries to copy and paste these recipes then use Word to paste it into, then left click on a section to start then holding right button down - drag the cursor over text, open up the style and select Normal and gets rid of that black background.

Cheers