Chicken and sweetcorn soup recipe wanted.

karlandkellarni, Sep 7, 8:27pm
Has anyone got a nice recipe they don't mind sharing!

Thanks

korbo, Sep 7, 10:07pm
I havent a recipe, but made this one night.
had some left over cooked chicken, so,
sauted an onion in a little curry powder, then 2-3 cups water, 2 teasp chicken stock, some left over chicken chopped up, and a tin of creamed corn. bought to the boil, and then simmer for 10 mins. was very nice.wasnt terrible thick, but we loved it.

dolphinfan, Sep 7, 10:38pm
http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/food/recipes/corn-chowder/We use this one and just add chicken to it

245sam, Sep 7, 10:49pm
Here you are karlandkell - the following recipe is from “The AWW Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook”.

CHICKEN AND CORN SOUP
1 Kg chicken or chicken pieces,
2 litres water
4 peppercorns
2·5cm piece green ginger, peeled and sliced
1 onion,peeled and ¼’d
3 sprigs parsley
1 tsp salt
1 x 470g can creamed corn
salt and pepper
2 chicken stock cubes
1 tsp sesame oil
4 tbsp each of cornflour and water
2 egg whites + 2 extra tbsp water
2 slices ham
9 spring onions
¼ tsp grated green ginger-extra

Put the chicken or chicken pieces into a saucepan; add water, peppercorns, ginger, onion, parsley and salt. Bring to boil over a medium heat. Skim well to remove any scum, reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered, for 1½ hours. Remove any scum from the top of the stock, strain and reserve 6 cups of the stock.
Remove the meat from the chicken or chicken pieces and shred it finely (you’ll need about 1 cup shredded chicken).
Combine in a large saucepan, the reserved chicken stock, creamed corn, crumbled stock cubes, extra ginger, 5 chopped spring onions, salt, pepper and sesame oil; bring to the boil.
Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with the 4 tbsp water, add to the soup, stir until the soup boils and thickens, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 minute
Beat the egg whites and the extra water lightly, add to the soup in a thin stream stirring well.
Add thinly sliced ham and the chicken meat to the soup, heat gently.
Top with remaining 4 spring onions, chopped.
Serves 6.:-))

sarahb5, Sep 8, 8:18am
I used to have a really good recipe for Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup that even included the egg swirled through it like you get in restaurants but lost it years ago.Now I just make chicken soup and add a can of creamed corn.

245sam, Sep 8, 8:27am
sarahb5, try using the recipe above at#4 - once you have made that recipe you may find that you'll create, as I have, a shortcut impromptu version for when we really want Chicken and Corn Soup without there being time to make it from scratch as in the recipe.:-))

nannahall1, Sep 9, 6:39am
this is soooo easy and tastylitre chicken stock, cook chicken breast in stoc k shred into stock when cooked can of kernel corn,beat in 2 beaten eggs 1 teaspoon sesame oil and thicken with cornflour in a little cold water . takes no time to make add chopped spring oniond when serving

badgeman3, Sep 11, 3:15am
I make that recipe from the AWW cookbook all the time its brilliant for helping get over colds and flus!

mwood, Sep 12, 1:12am
Hold the sesame oil back and then just sprinkle a few drops on each bowl when serving.

karenz, Sep 12, 6:18am
The long version has you boiling chicken pieces for stock, straining and returning the shredded meat, but I have found using quality chicken stock (not cubes) Campbells is OK, and either cooking up chicken thighs and shredding the meat in to the stock or buying cooked chicken meat from the deli section at the supermarket, adding tinned creamed corn, grated ginger (or ginger powder), then bring to the boil and mix egg whites with a little water and drizzle it in a thin stream, thicken with a little cornflour mixed with water, add a little sesame oil and pepper.