What can you make with cold cooked porridge

Page 2 / 2
irenew, Sep 10, 10:59pm
I see your dilemma Angel.Could you leave a note somewhere asking the night staff to leave it alone and explain what it's for!Or is there somewhere you can hide it :)Must be frustrating for you wanting to make something nice for people under those conditions.Are you working in an aged care residence!I'm a nurse and have worked with the elderly, so can appreciate a bit the communication difficulties with different shifts.

whitehead., Sep 11, 7:01am
sorry but we used to put it in the pig buckethate the stuff

angel404, Sep 11, 8:22am
Mental health as well as a elderly ward - although the nurses make the porridge for the elderly and they put milk in it.
Mental health can be a bit unpredictable and ive been told that they may not like the cinnamon. I made it with milk for them for the first time and the large bowl was scraped clean :) Usually theres heaps left over. But to be honest the rest of their food is sugary rubbish so its probably good their porridge is so bland lol

le_rasta, Sep 13, 10:21am
Porridge can be made in a rice cooker.then you can put it on and leave it without stirring and it won't burn (the rice cooker will turn off).Also, (and I've never tried this but always thought I will one day) .chicken nuggets with leftover porridge.from memory you add chicken stock then just fry in butter, or you could batter or crumb then cook.or you could add a bit of cheese in the middle before cooking

imrae1, Sep 13, 12:25pm
When I was doing night shift I would set the porridge with a little salt and water in the crockpot and let sit a couple hours. About 3am turn pot on and by 7.30am lovely creamy porridge to serve. Every one loved it