Easy fried rice

buyer209, Aug 24, 5:17am
im looking for a quick n easy recipe for fried rice, ive got garlic powder. maggi original seasoning. would those be suitable for it. TIA

accroul, Aug 24, 5:29am
I use soy sauce & a splash of sherry (port if I have no sherry) + veg & shredded omlette.

lodgelocum, Aug 24, 6:31am
I also use soy sauce, spring onions, omelette and cooked shrimps or prawns, it is so yum.

karenz, Aug 24, 6:33am
I use sesame oil, but any oil would probably do, add some frozen vegetables, like carrots, peas, corn, clear a space in the middle of the wok or frypan and tip in beaten egg and mix around until it is cooked then combine with the rice.If you have soy sauce that is good. I also cook a little onion and garlic and add that too but it isn't necessary.I think the garlic powder might add a bit of flavour.

nauru, Aug 24, 6:34am
And a dash of sesame oil at the end of cooking

village.green, Aug 24, 6:49am
Just a tip re friend rice - cold, day (or two) old cooked rice is better for frying than freshly cooked.

agave1, Aug 24, 7:52am
ginger really makes it, even the stuff from a jar is good.

karlymouse, Aug 24, 11:21am
What about the rice. it seems crucial that the rice is not sticky . and that parboiled stuff is awful. does the rice have to be slightly undercooked the day before and dried out.

lythande1, Aug 24, 7:09pm
Cooked rice. Leftovers - peas, corn, carrot, whatever.bit of cooked leftover meat, shreds of chicken is good, picked off the bones.
Splash of soya sauce, wee pinch of fresh ginger. Bit of beaten egg if you like at the end. Stir.
CHop spring onion tops finely and sprinkle on at the end.

fifie, Aug 24, 11:53pm
This is good from kylie kwong
Delicious fried rice
Serves: supper for 2-4; part of a banquet for 6
1/3 cup peanut oil
4 large free-range eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon peanut oil, extra
1 & 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
4 garlic cloves, diced
1 medium-sized brown onion, finely diced
1/2 cup roughly chopped Chinese sausage
2 tablespoons Shao Hsing wine
5 cups cold cooked medium-grain white rice
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 cup finely sliced spring onions (scallions)
3 teaspoons Maggi seasoning
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
2 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced on the diagonal
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/2 large red chilli, finely sliced on the diagonal

Heat oil in a hot wok until the surface seems to shimmer slightly. Pour beaten eggs into wok and cook for about 1 minute, lightly scrambling them and rotating the wok to ensure even cooking. When almost cooked through, carefully remove omelette from wok with a fish slice and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.

Wipe out wok with kitchen paper, add extra oil and stir-fry ginger and garlic for 1 minute, or until very aromatic. Add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender. Add bacon and stir-fry for a further minute, or until lightly browned. Stir in sugar and wine, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. 

Finally, add rice, reserved omelette, oyster sauce, spring onions, Maggi seasoning and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until rice is heated through. Roughly chop omelette into smaller pieces as you stir.

Divide rice between individual bowls and garnish with extra spring onions. Combine soy sauce and chilli in a small bowl and serve on the side.
davidt4

mazzy1, Aug 24, 11:59pm
Absolutely agree!

grankate, Aug 26, 5:29am
HI the best rice ever is "Doongara clever rice" one of the Sun Rice products.I buy it at New World. Cheers